• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glowplug emergency

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I somehow stupidly fried all my glowplugs and a diode on my controller.
I had a spare controller but I have to deal with the glow plugs. The local auto
store pulls up a AC DELCO part 60G. I am dead in the water so I cant wait for
an order of Wellman 070's. Will these work on the M1008 without converting to 12v?
Thanks,
Bruce

1986Blazerk5

I somehow stupidly fried all my glowplugs and a diode on my controller.
I had a spare controller but I have to deal with the glow plugs. The local auto
store pulls up a AC DELCO part 60G. I am dead in the water so I cant wait for
an order of Wellman 070's. Will these work on the M1008 without converting to 12v?
Thanks,
Bruce
I have the acdelco's and i think that they are 100x better, they are limiting on the heat so they dont swell up.

rnd-motorsports

the glow plug system is just 12 volts the only 24 volt Itam on the trucks is the starter and jump start post on front! glowplugs are 12 volt that is what the risistor is for on the fire wall behind the air cleaner drops 24 volt down to 12 [thumbzup]

zyrtecx

Use AC Delco (AC13), put them in my M1009 and they are great!
That also have the small spade connector for the military connector on all M1008 & M1009.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They either sand/grind or file the terminal on the GP or, they change to standard 1/4" terminals.

jj

Yeah, what Doghead said. Changed the wiring harness by crimping on spade connectors that fit the 60G's. Never looked back. I'm coming up on the third year on these 60G's and absolutely no glow plug issues whatsoever. And i am merciless on them. They do not seem affected by long manual glow times, and anything to make life easier on my starter is a good thing,i think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks