• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMA cab covers

rwelker

I need to order a cab cover from GMA for my M810. I was on their website but could not find if their covers are the insulated ones. Anyone here get one from them and know? I'd like the insulated one as I use my truck in the winter. Thanks, Rick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats exactly what I want. It won't match the 34052 but at least it's all green and insulated. Did it cost extra for them not to paint it?

saddamsnightmare

July 26th, 2008.

Dear Rwelker:

If the GMA tops for your truck are the same as the 2-1/2 and 5 ton cabs, the insulations the thing.....! I just refitted my 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" with a tan 686A insulated top, and I was impressed with the quality materials, workmanship and fit! The only grouse I have is that the roof bows (outer 2) on my M35A2 top header to windshield angle in from the outside and don't line up with the velcro tiedowns on the new top..... oh, well, time to reengineer the old bow system.
I also have trouble keeping the bottom bow feet down in the windshield header holes, as the top tends to lift them out at speed with both windshields open.
BUT..... I have noticed that the cab seems several degress cooler then when she had the insulated metal cab cover (top) on her, so for my money.... it's the best $175.00 I've spent.... I wish my wife's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited soft-top was as well made for the money.... It'd be a lot cooler, too. You should have no problem with the color or fit.....
[thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer (awaiting it's new Tan 686A GMA cover!)
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas Gen-set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB (I WISH GMA made tops for these beasts!!!!).

reuben

I've been thinking about one for my M52, color dosn't matter because I'm not trying to restore and make it look perfect, (if I were I'd start with a truck that wasn't full of dents and bruses) It had a crude plywood top that was half rotten and I didn't keep it.
Just need something to keep the rain off the driver. There's no supports but if they cost much extra I could make something as I'm always doing some sort of fabrication. So how do I match it up with the numbers on the mfg's site?

papercu

covers

Anyone know who makes the covers for the M103 gen trailers????
Just going by the NSN 2540-00-926-0993, venders are:
Comptech Corporation of Maryland
15944 Derwood Road
Rockville, MD 20855-2123
Phone 301-519-3400, 301-519-3401
Fax 301-975-0061, 301-975-0712
sales@mavencorporation.com

and

Ehmke Manufacturing Company, Inc
4200 Macalester Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Phone: (215) 324-4200
Fax: (215) 324-4210
salesandmarketing@ehmkemfg.com
If you find more info. let us know. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks