• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC Crackerbox for Minuteman

tcody

I saw those at Barstow truck. Always curious about what they were asking and what condition they were in.

vtdeucedriver

Just noted when this was posted and from where.......................................Wonder if he had GLG 20 clearance..................Fitzhume?????

Barron

We had a crackerbox with a 6-71 on the farm when I was a kid, and now I'm deaf, and my kidneys are somewhere down around my ankles..

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure there's one with the V-12 still on the base at FE Warren out here![thumbzup]

gunboy1656

Imagine the turn with that combo. On coming traffic would have some good concerns. Make a 90 degree right turn and hit the first 5 cars at the intersection.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Imagine the turn with that combo. On coming traffic would have some good concerns. Make a 90 degree right turn and hit the first 5 cars at the intersection.
I'm sure with the size of the truck, and the payload (probably nuclear missile of some type) the route would have been planned well in advance and contingencies made in case of any potential threats.

jj

A website called www.6066gmcguy.org has a lot of information on the Twin-Six V-12. And a lot of other neat old truck stuff. Including some pictures of these trucks. A few years back, i hauled a very similar looking rig on an eighty-nine foot railroad flat to slower, lower Delaware. It was waybilled to the NASA Wallops Island research facility. I have seen at least two more go to the same place, since. As i recall, the waybill called it "Loaded, Ordnance". I jokingly tell myself that for about twelve hours, i WAS a nuclear power. I think i may have posted pictures of the load on this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks