• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC Hydramatic

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a used car place where the mechanic would put type F in the GM cars if they had transmission slippage issues, and they'd work fine till the customer was down the road and the money was in the bank...

pa.rich

This is a heavy old truck not made for speed and high rpms, you have to remember that you dont get in it and fly like your a commuter late for work.Check your fluids walk around, look at and under for leaks , get it running, let it sit, and warm up then carefully drive it , its alot of weight, and needs to be loved. Not a little light car. Its an old heavy heavy truck made for rough terrain and heavy hauling.Its not a winner on the road, Its a winner crawling and hauling.Just my two cents for guys who dont have truck experience, dont mean to talk down to you experienced guys.

CUMMINS

I've had good luck with running tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid, in auto transmissions, it can take much more heat before it starts to break down and it won't foam up, it also is much grabbier than most fluid, It is made to run in big power shift tranmissions in scrapers front end loaders and other machinery, a lot of guys at ramcharger.com, my Dodge M-880 has been running it for a while and It does great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks