• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gmc m211 #3

AMGeneral

Well folks,vs starting another thread,i'll just use this one,since it involves this truck,

I finally got around to testing the trans pressure on this truck today,I must have gotten lucky,cause I have 3 GMCs that all have good front and rear pumps,this truck made 110 psi at idle hot in all FWD ranges,and 220 psi at idle hot in both REV ranges,now I just gotta free up the governer so it'll shift up and down easier and get the reduction unit freed up so it'll move in high range,

More to come in the next few days!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I finally got around to testing the trans pressure on this truck today. More to come in the next few days!

Don't forget to bring your trans test gauges when ya come down to get the GOER...going!!! :beer:
"Ole Betsy", the M211 is still my favorite MV of all I have...don't ask why...cause I don't know!!:D

AMGeneral

More updates!!

Well,I had a sucessful day working on the M211 after church, Having already found the pump to have excellent pressure,I removed the control valve and governer,disassembled them and cleaned the entire lot with Acetone,reassembled it and put it back in the truck.

It shifted 1-2-3-4 with very little variance in oil pressure and no hestiation,I still have to deal with it being stuck in low range but this should free up with it being driven over the next few weeks.

So it looks as if i'll have the M211 to trail ride in at GA after all!!!

Sorry,no pics,hands were too greasy and oily,plus it's raining here.

I'm sure the neighbors aren't happy,it has no muffler,just a straight pipe,

SOUNDS GOOD!!!

monk-73

hi i have a 211 that will up shift if i rev the **** out of the engine or go down a steep hill. how can i tell if the trans governor is free.
thanks mike

AMGeneral

hi i have a 211 that will up shift if i rev the **** out of the engine or go down a steep hill. how can i tell if the trans governor is free.
thanks mike
Unfortunately Mike the only way to tell if both governer weights are free is pull the trans side cover(on the drivers side) then pull the control valve and check them manually.

I would try the external adjustment first,sounds like the throttle rod may be a little too short, Do a search for Hydramatic Heaven,Tom at Alfa Heaven did a great writeup on typical 302/303M problems.