• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC M221 recovery

saddamsnightmare

May 16th, 2010.

M215:

Nice recovery. I would have taken it down over the Blue Ridge in low range also, but I wish I were back home in Eastern West Virginia because there are so many slow roads well suited to an M35..... Good luck on the restoration, I'll keep an eye out to see what you turn up.fat lady sings

wrenchbender

hi SS
what years were those trucks made? i see it doesn't have the typical top loader rockwells
i have acces to a truck with this style of diff. the transfer case on the one that i'm thinking about has 2 rear out put shafts. the rear drive has it's own shaft over the shoulder of the front axle. lastly what are the price ranges of these trucks. thank for now

drlogistics

To answer the previous question about the fuel pump conversion from Alfa. I just put one on my xm211. Pretty easy and works great. Tom sends you everything you need plus directions. Should take less than an hour to do. Good luck with the 221.

KCclay

The 221 is a great looking truck. I am glad there are some out there being taken care of. I would like to have one to go with my m275 tractor. Keep up the good work.