• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMV head gasket

daveiaff

New injectors arrive tommorow morning then install starts Many ofyou probably have the same story. Head gasket leak, send heads to magna flux and I had a crack between valves on drivers side head second piston back, That’s also the one that had the head gasket leak, machine shop guy saw it on the head gasket. Long story short, new Promaxx heads from jegs, all other parts advance auto. GEP block, I went with tty new bolts , would of got the arp studs , but the motor is still in and I did t think I could get the new heads up and over the studs Anyone out there use arp”s with the motor still in? F879446A-CC56-45A8-A0BB-4E09F40E7202.jpeg

Last edited:

daveiaff

AR
Can you not put the heads on and then screw the studs in the same as bolts...? That’s the only way I’ve ever done it (on other engines)
Arp’s directioms said to install studs finger tight and then place heads over top and then add nuts. I have a turbo motor that I’m going to redo next. It’s on a stand and I will use head studs on that one.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You sure those orange head covers won't shine through the hood and blind you at night? rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks