• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goal: Put a fluid(oil) pump on the Deuce at 15 gpm without Electrical or gas egine

maxpanic

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. I want to install a pump on my deuce that can transfer oil at a rate of 15+ GPM. I don't want to use any gas engines or electricity. My initial thoughts are using one of the alternator add-ons for adding 12v to the deuce but instead of actually using the alternator putting a pump there. Another thought I had was to add a PTO pump. Problem is my deuce doesn't have a winch and I don't know if it is possible to put a PTO drive on the front or back of the Deuce, or how that works.

Any other ideas? Any guidance or direction on best course of action would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rlsnide

if your not planning on putting power steering on it you can use a LDS power steering pump in the factory location no belts to deal with or brackets to make. It would be a little plumbing but wouldnt be bad to do. And you would still have your free space for an alternator.

Chief_919

Well if you were open to electricity there are plenty of surplus 24v pumps that plug right into the slave cable outlet designed to do exactly this.

Why no electricity?

Heath_h49008

So to avoid using a common electric transfer pump, you can spend 10 times as much and get a PTO/pump/plumbing.

Are you Amish? I would have though the truck would be enough to preclude that... I'm stumped. Why?

maxpanic

Well if you were open to electricity there are plenty of surplus 24v pumps that plug right into the slave cable outlet designed to do exactly this.

Why no electricity?
Because I was unaware of this awesome solution. How do I find out more about this solution?

And this slave cable, anything special about it?

Last edited:

maxpanic

So to avoid using a common electric transfer pump, you can spend 10 times as much and get a PTO/pump/plumbing.

Are you Amish? I would have though the truck would be enough to preclude that... I'm stumped. Why?
My limited knowledge made me think this was going to be a pain to deal with electrically, 24v to 12v to inverter 120v. I think the power steering or 24 volt pump solutions are awesome. What is the best way to get my hands on one of these 24 volt pumps? Are they capable of 15GPM?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PS pump isn't going to have very much GPM. I'd say around 5 GPM. Also as has been said above, you'll burn it up in short order running it dry when not pumping liquids. You can rule out the PS pump.

Any air pumps I've seen in the 15 GPM range are air hogs. I doubt the deuce air compressor can keep up.

A PTO pump will work fine but you can get into quite a bit of money getting it all together. I think it's a overkill unless you are panning on pumping massive amounts of oil at a time and running it for long periods.

A 24v pump seems to be the way to go. It's going to be cheaper than the PTO option and should hold up fine unless you are pumping something like 1,000 gal at a time. 24v motors tend to heat up if ran for long periods without a break.

maxpanic

I have one in the shop, I will post pics in the morning. They are 35gpm pumps designed to pump diesel fuel, powered by the vehicles electrical system.

Here is the manufacturers info: http://www.ohlerpumps.com/pumps/diesel-fuel-pumps-parts/afps-6315-24vdc
That looks good, what do they cost? I didn't clearly state one part of my goal, I need to be able to pump vegy oil and motor oil through it and would like to have a constant feed for up to 1000 gallons. Will these 24 volt motors be able to do this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks