• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat Footage Urgent Fury

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
83 seems like yesterday but the footage seems so old. Interesting for certain.
I had thought everyone had switched to MREs by '83. I know we had a mix of Cs and MREs in Basic in '81. A little surprised to see them throw that case off the truck.

m38inmaine

At about 5 minutes you can't see the goat but you can sure hear it in the background as you can barely hear the LT. talking over the engine noise. It appears the goat was dropping off a supply of ammo, the LT. is handing out grenades like candy.

BillIdaho

Back when Gamagoat.com was up and running, there was a pretty interesting thread about the "rumor" of GamaGoats actually being there. Someone claimed a single still photo of one existed. Other guys chimed in and said there were videos.
Boy, I sure do miss GamaGoat .com (with all due respect to SS!).

m38inmaine

Well thanks to SS we now have proof positive they were there. If you look close at the first goat sighting you can see dunnage hanging off the goat suggesting that it was air dropped or a LAPES drop. You can also see the front tow shackles appear to be missing, perhaps a hasty attempt to get it unhooked in a hurry. Also in the book "Gama Goat, Details In Action" there are pictures from operation Urgent Fury as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks