• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goat trade

mamsite

Hey guys,
I'm trying to decide if I should trade my humvee for a goat. My m998 has the 6.5, a street legal title and is in great shape, same for the goat. What should I do, which one would you prefer? I appreciate the help

m38inmaine

Unless the market changes the M998 is worth more, easier to work on, easier to drive, easier to find parts for and better for long drives. The Goat does have the unique factor, show up at a meet and you will probably have the only one and no one will know what it is. Would like to see some pictures of the Goat.

Jericho

Post the photos please! really nice goats can demand high prices. The only advantage is that they are few in number and getting fewer. Only made 15 thousand or so, I would guess there are less than 2000 in private/ municipal hands world wide . NOT a high speed long distance king, But most MIL trucks arnt, all things being equal , kept in good shape you wont lose value, parts ARE getting thin and some were only made for goats. I drive mine daily 40 miles a day in the summer, rain or shine, but I don't drive it at all from OCT to MAY , one spin on ice will make you a seasonal driver . I maintain mine and have had few problems, one flat , two starter changes , some rad reseal , front steering box and tie rod ends in 8 years , one set of brake shoes , belts hoses , keep it greased.

mamsite

So nobody else is going to comment since I mentioned it is a members goat, I'm going today to check it out. I really wish you guys would help me with the value. The goat does appear to be in good shape

combat32

Without me being there to kick the tires its reallt hard to comment on the value, but i will say i dont think its worth a running driving humvee unless it is perfect.

But then again i haven't seen your humvee.

I have seen similar trucks sell in the 8 to 9k range, the big question is do you want it, read the advice given above, harder to work on, less parts availability, parts are more costly,

But hey, we were all dumb enough to buy one, if you can work a deal that makes you happy and you like the truck go for it, plenty of other hummers around, not so mant goats.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on the pics and your reasons to trade yes, by all means make the trade.

Al Capone

Hi the goat is mine . Spent two months going thru this 4000 mile machine .
It is one of the nicest ones around .
That I have seen . Can't figure out how to post pics either . Completely repainted
Besides insides inside bed. Lots of nos parts : tailgate , windshield , and lots of other stuff . It's way nicer than the one I found that sold st auction anyesr or so ago for $16,500. And closes one I found but they did complete test down and rebuild was tnw I think it was $40,000,
. Im asking $15,000

Al Capone

if you go to the gamma goat section and find the post I did about it being street legal, I have couple pics before I painted the forestry dep hardtop roof and installed a original soft top,. forestry had installed a bolt on hard top/ roll cage for it.it can be unbolted and front lift rings installed if u want

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks