• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat treasure found in Oklahoma

combat32

Went to Joe's casa in Okie City today to pick up the rest of my goat parts, made a good haul including the elusive brace and the last piece for my trusses looks like I got the full set now:mrgreen:He even let me wander around in the brush and get some ticks and then said Hey, don't go over there, there's ticks in there!

Ready to get back to work on my goat hope I don't got Lyme disease:wink:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

m38inmaine

Great haul, I found that same brace in my parts pile but it's quite rusty, not sure it can be saved. I shipped your cover today priority mail.

dmetalmiki

Wow that makes me feel quite guilty. I threw out a Goat cylinder head for scrap 3 years ago. And a pile of other rusty stuff. That head was so heavy I could hardly lift it.

combat32

It is heavy, I have the head as well, if the crank is good on this one I will rebuild it and keep for a spare, or mount it on my go kart:p

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is looking for the truss kit, I spoke with Mark from Rapco Parts at the Convention and he said he has some. I need to email him for a price as he said he hasn't looked at them in a few years so didn't know how much he had in them.

mutt_r

I am having the truss kit but I am still missing the brace. I hope I'll never need it but it would complete my collection. If there is one available, please let me know.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great score on parts.
And thanks for the post, I was going thru goat gab withdrawal.

So where does one store the truss kit when not in use? And don't say the garage.

Was it just thrown in the cargo compartment?

My trunk is full with a commo shelter.

They thought of that nifty little door above the engine to store the front windshield when not in use.

Inquiring minds want to know....

combat32

Good question, didn't see that in the tm, most units I was in had their own load plans. I would guess maybe stuffed under the passenger seat, or wherever it would fit.

m38inmaine

The only two official storage bags were the tool pouch and document bag attached to the rear of the drivers seat. I suppose they would fit in the tm bag, the goat doesn't seem to have any real hidy holes to stash stuff.

frenchman

The only two official storage bags were the tool pouch and document bag attached to the rear of the drivers seat. I suppose they would fit in the tm bag, the goat doesn't seem to have any real hidy holes to stash stuff.
i store the jumper cables some tool and the truss kit in a wooden foot looker in the back of the trailer right under the folding tray i have a foot locker on both side
tight fit but it will go
frenchman
p.s a complete truss kit complete make a nice display worth having pay around 300 for mine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks