• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goin to Ft. Sill -- first Deuce!

OKCMoparGuy

I just hope my EUC clears in time for the Chow Run. Currently my EUC status says "Submission of EUC Pending" even though it was submitted on Monday via email with the requested cover sheet and scanned license and EUC. I called GL and they assured me this was normal. I hope their right because I'm chompin' at the bit.

Thanks for the info on winch cable size. Guess in some places, like central Oklahoma, I may need 200' to find a tree.

I'm planning on driving the truck home. If it's not driveable, or repairable on base, would anyone be willing to lend a tow. I'd be more than happy to pay roundtrip fuel expenses plus a some extra $ for your troubles. Hopefully the base would let me reschedule on another day that would better suit everyone's schedule. It's got to be cheaper than a wrecker bill.

Thanks again for everyones help and comments. I look forward to logging on every night after work.

Garandfan

Way to go buddy! I'm gonna have to figure out a way to sell the wife on getting another Big Ugly, but the Kaiser version. Nothing like a matching pair which I compliment my wife on daily. I want to feel the anticipation of a recovery. I bought mine from a private seller.

M813A1

Hi !! Jayhawk1962 Yes all of those truck have turbos because they are M35A2 model Dueces , the M35A1 were non-turbo trucks !! OKCMoparguy should you need a tow I can run down there with my 5 Ton and pull it out for you if the need arises !! I'll have to boworrow a tow bar but that is not really a problem !! I pulled a Duece out of Ft Sill back on Aug 9th for Warthog !! Check the thread " A day on Post at Ft Sill " That is the truck I pulled for Warthog and we had looked at those truck you had bid on before we hookd up the truck !! It is probably best if you tow it out that way you do not have to go down twice and you d not have to worry about a breakdown on your way home !! Also it is good to have a chase vehicle along with you if someone has to go run for something ?? MoparGuy your EUC might take a little longer if it is your first EUC !! I was very skiddish waiting for my EUC last year when I bought my 5 Ton from FT Sill !! But it will be alot of fun to get to drive your truck when you have it at home !!!

OKCMoparGuy

Thanks M813A1, I'll pm you when the EUC clears and we can figure out a day that works for you. I really wanted to just drive it home but realistically no one knows the running condition of these trucks. With all the quirks of learning a new rig and no suitable tow vehicle at my disposal the last thing I want is to break down on the way home. Plus I can do a more thorough inspection/maintenance when I get her home. It would be fun to ride in a 5-ton anyways.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Everybody give M813A1 a round of applause for stepping up and helping OKCMG!

:beer:

91W350

I would have to buy a guy like that a 24 pack of his favorite beverage! Want to two another and help check it out? I have been looking at them... would love to have duece or 5 ton. Glen

OKCMoparGuy

I was planning on more than just 1 case of beer. One things for sure, I'll find a way to repay his kind gesture.

91W350, looks like you're the KSMoparguy. My dad grew up in Salina and still talks about the Smokey Hill bombing range and Cozy burgers.

91W350

I have owned a few Dodges, the Cummins brought me there. I also had a Dart and a V6 D-100. I had a ton of GM muscle cars over the years. I love all things mechanical. Good luck with your recovery, I hope you got a great truck!

I heard of six dueces last night headed for the crusher, about 40 miles from home. I am going over to have a look as soon as possible. If he has the papers to tag one, I am sure my crusher buddies will let me rob parts as long as I can get the weight back. I will donate the remains of my old M715, it is about down to a pair of axles, transfer case and a frame now.