• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going rate for an 818

cruz

anyways I am tossing around the idea of selling my 818, and trailer.

the 818 has 7000 miles on rebuild in 1992 and 400 hours.

I have 5500 into the set + pickup costs, so maybe 6000 total. I'm not trying to make money but I'm not going to lose money on it, it can sit in my barn if nothing else.

the reason for possibly selling it is I DON'T use it, and registration and insurance aren't worth it for something I just look at and take for an occasional drive. the deuce is much more useful.

also there are no problems and I drove it home 300+ miles, and then picked up a trailer 600+ miles round trip with no problems.

pic is when gl pic from 12/2008, I can take more pics of trailer and tractor if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Bobert

You could try putting up one of those crazy ebay ads for your rare army monster semi. Some of those sell. Might be worth a shot.

Maybe call it a toy hauler for the $100k tow rig crowd.

OldGoat

lately so many are coming out that they are under and around 2k.
I was going to bid on three that were close by if they went cheap, cheap. Two sold for $3100 & one for $2300 plus fees (the 10% + sales tax) and all of the gl crap that goes with it.

Alredneck

Banned
Just because they are bought on the auction for 2k or whatever doesnt mean the truck is worth that much. Heck I got less than a grand in all my 5tons and most of the the deuces. 4500 -8000 is a reasonable request depending on your target market. To us cheap ( frugal, whatever ) folks we not put up an offer. Look for folks in the forestry business, also house movers. If you find the right market you might even double the high number. Look at what the major surplus companies ( Memphis, Saturn, Boyce, ETC ) sell their trucks at and see the price difference from them versus a private seller. Also check craigslist and the local paper to see if anyone is selling the same vehicle for a comparison. Last shoot high so if you get a lower offer you are not as disappointed. Also lots of folks are suffering from the economy so be prepared to sit on it! By the way goodluck in your endeavours!

OldGoat

I wish I could find the smoking 1000 dollar 5 ton deal. Thats really really cheap.
I have not had any luck like that. The only ones that I have seen for 1k or so are the trucks that are considered scrap from the military, at least in the Ohio Ky, Ind region.

hoopsoft

Maybe a year ago you could get a $1K 5 ton, I haven't seen any 5 tons go for less than 3K within the last two months, unless they were total pieces of junk.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will sell you a dozen m818's for $3,500 each..!...
Heck, i can make you a package deal if you buy more than 1..
call if interested..kevin 301.922.2009 cell anytime. located in maryland.
email decodeme@verizon.net
for more pics..I got a couple with winches..!

Alredneck

Banned
I wish I could find the smoking 1000 dollar 5 ton deal. Thats really really cheap.
I bought 4 5tons and a deuce tanker last year about this time off a GSA auction out in OK. All ran but all had a issue or two. Painted red but still 5tons, 3 were M54s ( I got one for $250 ) 1 M814 ( giant water pump on back with air cooled winsconsin gasser drive ) no bed. M35 had a 1500gal tank on it no pumps. ( and no its not a real M49 ) When I buy trucks im in no rush so if they dont go for the price I want then let them go. Wish CUCVs were cheaper. I dont have a truck more than 1600 in it, well beside pickup costs. Bought a real niced 86 international 4door 2 1/2ton truck for 1051.00 using it to haul stuff to give the ole dodge a break. Its not fast but get the job done it caame with a 6.9l use to belong to the texas air national guard. 38000 on the clock.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought 4 5tons and a deuce tanker last year about this time off a GSA auction out in OK.....

So your the one I was bidding against......LOL

I got two Deuce parts trucks out of the same auction. One ended up running and the other has sacrificed itself many times over so others may continue on.

OldGoat

I forgot about the GSA, they are cheap. None have been near me though. Most look like scrap metal IMO. A 818 just sold today (lot 5403 id 4796) on the GL site for $6802 plus 10% plus tax plus all of the euc gl pleasures you can handle. (unknown running condition was a plus for the challenge seekers haha ).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks