• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going rate for MEP701A?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I was looking at one locally for an easy to move small gen set. The guy wants 500.00, it looks clean with 600+- hours. The price seems good to me. Anyone know what they are ending at on GL lately?

Thanks

abh3

That's not bad as I paid better than $300+ commission for a GL 'pig in a poke' 701a and then had to drive 100 miles to get it, found no battery, back cover, etc... It runs great though is pretty heavy for a 'portable' genset but I STILL don't have a battery as the local battery supply place wouldn't sell me one as it's 'govt only' on his sheet!!

Be aware not all hour meters are what they seem, it could be broken or have been replaced.

derf

In my experience $500 is a good price for a good running 701A. The ones I've gotten from GL have been around $300 and about half of them required some minor repair or adjustment. I much prefer the 016D, mostly because of the pull rope. The correct battery for a 701A is not cheap. A comparable quality commercial 3kW(4.5kW capable) Diesel genset is well over $2000 new. It is hard to find a good, used Diesel generator of any size/type for $500.

derf

The ASK makes it heavier and it is still pretty loud.
016D is still my favorite, pull rope and if you lose the electric fuel pump you can fill the small Yanmar tank and keep right on going, no battery to maintain, less to go wrong.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Does the 016D go for around the same price? I think I saw a number of them on GL in GA last month.

derf

I got mine for less than $300 with about 150 hours on it. That is neither here nor there, though. If I see any nearby in good condition going for less than $300 I will bid on them all day long. The prices always vary depending on who is bidding at the time. When I got my 016D I saw the 016E that I also bid on but didn't win. It had less than 1 hour on the E conversion and looked to be in excellent condition. IIRC it went for less than $500.

leedawg

SO I just bought one this week out here in California from GL. I paid 980 for it bout a grand after all the fees and taxs. Has bout 200 hours on it onan motor. Been meaning to make a post about it but have not had the time. No idea if it runs or not keeping my fingers crossed. However Gens out here seem to go for more since not that many come up for auction.

Lee

leedawg

Just picked it up yesterday Am going to make a post in the next 20 minutes here on it :) Getting all the pictures off my phone first to upload to the board.

I did not see that batt conversion thanks for the info that looks pretty great I was looking at the cost of batteries not cheap. Thanks for the info appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks