• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going rate for the M818 on GL?

ida34

I am giving up on the M52. Next I am looking at GL for an M818. What have the prices been running? I am looking to get a general idea. I don't mean ones like Armada's brand new m818 with that new car smell and 100 miles on it. I am talking about the normal "uh don't know if it starts" run of the mill GL truck.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Chuck. I've seen anywhere between $1800 and $5500 depending on several things. NDT's, running condition unknown and no winch on the bottom end. NDT's, no winch and running in the middle. Radial tires, w/w and running on the top end. Other variables will come into play such as how many are going off at once, where the DRMO site is, and of course, how good it looks in the GL pics :)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Mine , no winch ,new tires , old style green and tan/brown Cammo, starts runs and drives , evrything works , I paid 3,040 out the door , but still havnt picked it up yet , EUC crap still going , 33 days and counting.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the ones I have seen in Chambersburg, PA GL site have been selling for around $3000 to $3500 in good condition. Non-running about the same as running, to be honest. Those numbers are without the 10% buyer's premium and taxes.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IDA, I have a nice running M818 that I'd sell for $6K (I paid more and can show you the GL bill of sale). The truck will need tires, though, as I bought it for the Michelin Xls that were on it. I can give you some worn out rubber mounted on rims so the truck is mobile. The truck runs well, has a hard top, heater, and a recently replaced 5th wheel (for whatever reason). It also has a recent tranny, air pack and master cylinder. The truck has some military rust repair, but it is neat. If you are interested, PM me.

ida34

I have to see how things shake out if I ever get my W2. I probably should have worked harder at getting the M52 but many factors were conspiring against me. I will keep you in mind Bruce but right now I don't have enough of the greens stuff. All my recent questions about the M52 stems from a GSA auction that ended today. My upper limit was $1000 and the truck when for $1006. I was bidding against Opienotool and Gimpyrob but they seemed to get out long before it hit the 1k mark. The truck was a 57 diamond T that ran when parked two years ago but had an air leak from the trans while in reverse. The other one went for a little over $800 last I looked and it had the top tank blown off the radiator. I figured it was a head gasket or worse. The good thing was it was 69 that had a little over 4000 miles when it left the military system and it was listed as having something like 4500 miles on it. The top was toast so the interior probably was too. It was missing the tool box. The diamond T could have had a mack. It was right in the right time frame but the paint was newer carc so it was probably depot rebuilt and I think they would have put in a multifuel. It did have a new top and looked pretty good. I will probably kick myself for not bidding more but my wife gave me the usual " what truck are you buying" after reading my emails. Can you believe she read my emails? Maybe I should get my own secret military vehicle buying email account. :roll:

I did not mention the auction because of the auction rule. My GSA name is fivezero.

jwaller

I paid a lot more for mine than whats being tossed around here but mine was more or less rebuilt front to back when I got it. so you get what you pay for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks