• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to get my GL Deuce!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im heading out in a few hours to get the deuce! Mapquest says 4.5 hours from me to Chambersburg PA.. Leaving at 4:30AM... Going to have it lowboyed back by a buddy that is charging me just the cost of fuel.. Will take pics and report back tommorrow. Im sure hourly updates will be done by Mike as the day goes on..

Here is a teaser picture of it from my inspection trip I made..

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck Mark :beer:

jwaller

your new truck has a scoop mounted on the bottom drivers side cowl panel. can you tell me what this goes to? I saw this blank spot on my truck and was wondering what it's for.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont worry, I'll take care of my buddy with cash for his time also.. I have this funny feeling he wants to go see "army trucks" cause he likes them and is looking to get one..

Westfolk, Im sure we'll find the truck route.

Thanks! Talk to you guys later!

mangus580

Mark called and stated they would be arriving about 9:30 eastern.... Last i Have heard from him..

will update more as I know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any video forthcoming on this? I'll be at work by the time they get in so I'll see the pics tonight I guess.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mark, I see your truck has a pallet attached the the front end. I don't remember seeing a MWO for that ;) It seems that those DRMO guys love to stick pallets under trucks. I have seen a bunch of photos on GL like that.

Seriously, glad to know it's on its way home.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers said:
Mark, I see your truck has a pallet attached the the front end. I don't remember seeing a MWO for that ;) It seems that those DRMO guys love to stick pallets under trucks. I have seen a bunch of photos on GL like this.
The pallet is placed under most larger trucks to hold a pan or a bowl, something to catch oil leaks and the like. GL and DRMO are paranoid of the environmental agencies like the EPA. Leaving even a small leak drip on the ground could bring unwanted EPA attention, that could lead to paperwork, environmental cleanup operations, and DMRO lot closure. All of which would be avoided if they put a pallet and some catch pans under the engine bays of the surplus MVs they are selling. :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
maddawg308 said:
steelsoldiers said:
Mark, I see your truck has a pallet attached the the front end. I don't remember seeing a MWO for that ;) It seems that those DRMO guys love to stick pallets under trucks. I have seen a bunch of photos on GL like this.
The pallet is placed under most larger trucks to hold a pan or a bowl, something to catch oil leaks and the like. GL and DRMO are paranoid of the environmental agencies like the EPA. Leaving even a small leak drip on the ground could bring unwanted EPA attention, that could lead to paperwork, environmental cleanup operations, and DMRO lot closure. All of which would be avoided if they put a pallet and some catch pans under the engine bays of the surplus MVs they are selling. :)
Ah, gotcha, I have seen the drain pans before and those made sense, but a pallet all by itself did not. They should just get some of those absorbant diapers like they use in the oil and gas business. We used to put them under compressor engines to catch any drips. They also had some shaped like giant tampons for sucking up big spills ;)

rdixiemiller

Re: RE: Going to get my GL Deuce!

jwaller said:
your new truck has a scoop mounted on the bottom drivers side cowl panel. can you tell me what this goes to? I saw this blank spot on my truck and was wondering what it's for.
I like that location better than in the hood side panel. Methinks I'll make a scoop and install it there to re-locate mine.

red devils dude

Re: RE: Going to get my GL Deuce!

rdixiemiller said:
jwaller said:
I like that location better than in the hood side panel. Methinks I'll make a scoop and install it there to re-locate mine.
the mil spec parts are 2540-00-878-3494 10937862 HOOD,HEATER,PERSONNEL and
10937859 ELBOW,DUCTING.
I got pic's I'll add later and I'll be doing the same thing as it looks like some one started
to add the heater punched the hole's and then stopped.

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Going to get my GL Deuce!

ya that makes sence. I have the side panel covers and it doesnt allow for a heater duct. tey come down and cover all of that area too but it would be easier to mod for a lower scoop.