• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to John Winslow's MV parts yard

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree , It was great that we were able to help you but it was the CMVPA club and some of its members and not SS Forum that helped. After a looong evening it was great to see you driving off in it! :-D

Cant wait to see you on the way back through with a good looking M35.

Jay, why bother posting this here on the SS site? Why not just post it on the CMVPA site, where all your help and credit belongs?(apparently)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought we were all MV enthusiasts? Seems some folks are a bit bitter about goings on! If the CMVPA needs the credit for this to boost the ego, by all means, take it. It's not necessary to drag Big CASE through all the pettiness. If you folks want to compete with this forum, start your own! Credit where credit is due? Sure! If it were not for this forum, none of the CMVPA members would have known about the trip. Big CASE didn't post it on the CMVPA forum did he? Folks, please grow up or at least act your age, not your shoe size. Sorry Big CASE, I'm a little weary of these folks discrediting this forum in a effort to inflate their hats. Last I looked Deucenewb and Jay were both Steel Soldiers members.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't a person belong to SS and CMVPA?
Apparently not! Did you see posts 19 and 20 ? Those post were pretty to the point about them being CMVPA members, NOT Steel Soldiers members.
I thought they were Steel Soldiers members too but not according to their posts. Can we all agree that CMVPA members arrived on scene and helped get Big CASE on the road? If so can't we also agree that this forum, the common denominator to the entire incident, played a part in everything falling together for Big CASE?

tsmall07

I seem to have slipped off of the steelsoldiers site and into a middle school girls' locker room. :roll:

I had been thinking of joining the CMVPA (since I'm close to NC), but I am second guessing now. They seem to be a bunch of (knowledgeable) jerks. The above is not a good way to present yourselves.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a good reason why the CMVPA head has been banned from the SS site. It is too bad, the organisation could do alot of good. I will say that in the past and now, the SS site has not instigated this childs play, only defended ourselves.

BigCase, I am very happy to hear that you were helped in your time of need. There is a large group of MV enthusiasts that are really good guys. Kudos to all those that help others.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Enough is enough!! I was just getting on this thread to thank the SS members who visited with John and did some business with him. I spoke with John yesterday and he was glad to meet you all and was thankful for the business you gave him.

Stop the bickering! It was a good day for MV owners and you guys are giving it a bad taste. Now, back to the topic at hand, MV parts scrounging at Winslow's.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, back to the MV part...

I also diagnosed CASE's brake troubles as being a failed airpack (based on the information I got from CASE) when we spoke right after he left his truck and was on his way to Jay's. We are all here to help each other in this hobby, no matter which group we belong too. My only regreat was all I could do was offer advice over the phone as I didn't have a spare airpack or deuce to tow him to Winslow's. :cry:

At Winslow's, I got a nifty dash tag, a 5ton with LDS passenger fender air filter (going to confuse some people with that on the 109!) a fuel tank cap and strainer (my truck didn't come with the strainer) and one front shakle.

Neil and Brian bought part of a 109 and a 105 frame to beat me to my mad scientist scheme, making a 109 trailer.

Ken found a tool box on a truck that was still locked, had lots of great tools, winch shear pins, jack, safety triangles, and some kind of homemade wrenches. I think he also got a good used cargo cover.

Chris got a duel tire changing dolly, and.... I can't remember what else buddy.:oops: You'll have to chime in. I know that everything else he really needed (seat cushions) John wasn't willing to sell, keeping them for his rebuild business I suppose. We also picked up a great hydraulic cherry picker crane that he had gotten out of Bragg from a friends house on the way up to John's. This thing is nice, and tall enough to pull a deuce engine out. ;-)

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great news Casey. Thanks again for manning the ether can for me the other day. In case you didn't read my 925A2 thread, I wanted to let you know that a clogged return line was one of the reasons we had so much trouble getting the air out of the pump. I figured that out after you left. I also got smart and held a rag over the banjo fitting before loosening to prevent another diesel shower.

Be sure to post some pics of your finished truck. I really want to see the new singles and paint.

Big CASE

I will as soon as did to my pc in FL I will have all the pic up .
SS, that is good news to know about your truck.
glad i could give you a hand with it , sorry I do not know more about the 9oo to have been a bigger helpto you .

Big CASE

]hey all , Sorry I have not got to this sooner , I have just been busy.
well I made it back home with the Deuce , MAN is it nice, it drove every good an turns well
the 395/80/20 look right on the truck. well here are the pic's of the deuce after ,before , 0 and one of what a starter looks like after going into the flywheel at 65mph..

Attachments

5 ton monster

GREAT GUYS, I just picked up my 5 ton bobbed 4x4 from John Winslows last week they have tons of stuff. I could have spent days wandering around their farm. Check out Johns fathers arrow head and hand tool collections too while you're there, Great people and very concientious about making sure you are happy with everything. Say hi to Pete, he did a great job for me... I rode Amtrak up from Florida to pick up my new truck and he picked me up at the station and took care of everything.

Big CASE

cool,
have you seen john's Web Site ? if you look at the paint and body , that is my Deuce and MOM
Dude your in Daytona ?? were I am in NSB

5 ton monster

I saw your truck on the web site and asked if they had a woman doing their painting and they told me it was your mom. Small world... I live off SR 40 and 445A on the west side of Astor. Looking forward to seeing your truck in person...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks