• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look at a deuce

ATPTac

Yeah, I figured on doing that. I try to be a once and done type of person. I like to get all the parts needed and do everything in that area that is a likely wear or fail item. That is the way I work on all my items. I've already been pricing boots, seals, brakelines, etc as to me while I have it apart might as well replace it. Nothing irks me more than tearing something down and replacing the needed item only to put it back together and right away or shortly there after having to tear it apart again and replace an inexpensive gasket or seal.
That's exactly why when I go in to do something on these trucks I replace everything within reason. It's not like a car where you can pull the wheel off and have access to everything in a couple minutes, or if once you pull the drum off and see a bad part you can run down the street and grab what you need.

When you end up doing all this and need parts, shoot me a PM, I should be able to get you all the seals and parts you'll need to do the job depending on when it is.

Seth_O

I know value is very dependent on area, but on the west coast $5.5k for a clean running truck is a SMOKIN' deal. I've had folks knock on my door and offer me $8k+ in cash outright if I would sell my bobbed deuce. If its as clean as it looks/is described then I would jump on it.

I still have mine, btw ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks