• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to pick up a m37 today.

Im buying a 1956 m37 off an island in maine today. I had to hire a barge to go get it. I have only seen it through pictures but the price was right. seems to be rust free with a few minor mechanical issues (exhaust ect ). it runs well.It used to be a fire truck (brush truck) then the fire department gave it to the island.hopefully she is a keeper.i wish it had a winch but you cant have everything.i had to borrow my friends truck to go get it. I only have the cucv and she is a little slower than i want to go to the coast of maine.

Tuko

Be sure to post up some pics! I got my m up in Maine also, just south of Ellsworth.

tbone1004

I just my M37 from Maine a few months ago as well, although I live here... Definitely couldn't beat the price... $1200 for mine in running condition with minimal rust. The fire departments treated them well up here that's for sure

all went well today.its in better shape than he told me it was in. i steamed cleaned it when i got home. what i thought was surface rust was island mud. it had not been washed in 20 years. it cleaned up nice, even the frame . i dont know how to post pictures yet. $1200 was a good price for yours Tbone. i paid 2000 and had to hire a barge for 500 dollars to get it off the island.( louds island) was where it came from. up by breman--damescrotta. nice area. route 32

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We want pictures! When you make a post, click "go advanced" then "manage attachments". It will let you pull the jpg's off your computer and even resize them for you, this takes a while so be patient. I think you may the first person ever that recovered a MV from an island with a barge!

3dAngus

Make sure your camera is not in hi-res mode to take the pictures. This site has limitations on the size of pictures you can submit. I think it is about 1000 pixels in either direction or so, if the old rules apply. Not sure about it since the software update.

tbone1004

definitely worth $2500! A lot less body work than I have to do to mine... The FD definitely ran into a few trees with mine at some point. Front left fender and running board need a little help. Looks great, now you need a hardtop on it quick to run it in the winter!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks