• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to renig on bid; Anybody want it?

KaiserM109

I didn't get the major item I was bidding on for a trip to the Northwest, so I can't afford to go for the engine by itself and commercial freight is out of sight. If anyone wants to pick up the bid on it here it is:

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3559&lotNumber=7433&picNumber=1

The bid was $170; there will be around 16% taxes and fees bringing the grand total to just under $200. It is located at Ft. Lewis, WA.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won't they ban you from future sales if you back out of the deal? I think you'd be better off to let someone have it for $100 and you eat $100 if you plan on ever buying from them again. They are going to hit you with a bunch of fees anyway.

wsucougarx

I know they'll put a hold on his account until a bunch of fees are paid. Not sure how much though. Yah M16ty does have a point, best to try and dump it for less instead of having a locked acct and fees

KaiserM109

GL will lock my account 'til I pay a 25% fine. Maybe this is like gambling and this is the cure.

From what I understand about the way the Army works, they rebuild vehicles periodically. I have a rebuilt M105 trailer with a tag dated 2006 that looks absolutely brand new. The 'hairs' are still on the tires. From a thread on this web site I understand that when they find a problem with an engine they put in such as a bad water pump, head gasket, etc, they don't repair that, they pull the whole engine and surplus it.

This is a 6.2L diesel that looks new. It probably has some sort of problem that caused it to be pulled. I recently got an oscilloscope with a red tag that told what its problem was. It was easy to fix and I now have a $6000 scope for $150.

I have a J20 (civilian version of an M715) that I am restoring from the frame up. The project in this thread inspired me and is what I was going to use the engine for:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=255326&highlight=#255326

CCATLETT1984, I like your avatar. I think only people who are also familiar with VI might fully understand it, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks