• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gone and done it In Sc

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the auction photos carefully, you will see they were ALL running when the photos were taken. Most had 1/2 to 3/4 full fuel tanks (if the gauges are right!). Even the trucks that looked rough had new parts under the hood or in the cab. A few had new steering wheels and columns. Personally, ( judging by the photos only ) I think a few of the rough looking ones were in better mechanical shape than the pretty camo'ed ones. Hard to tell for sure from looking at a screen, but I have a pretty good track record for picking nice trucks.
I heard from the DRMO guys (not Tim, the GL guy) that these trucks are coming from the NG. The local unit is a maintenance unit, so they do 'training' by fixing the deuces and replacing parts THEN turning them in. They figure the m35's are on the way out, might as well send the warehouse full of parts out on the trucks.

Some of the paint jobs are the 20ft type, (look great from 20ft away) but they are well done, even if the truck wasn't prepped very good. Lots of new seat cushions too.

Sevo,

Welcome to the site! I'm also in Columbia. Let me know if you need a hand with the load out.

Just a note, thanks to me, you can't drive anything off of DRMO Jackson :oops:

You will have to tow them off. I have my 109 I could help you tow one off and leave it in a parking lot somewhere, then get the other one off base, and we could towbar them together (you can borrow mine) Then you can take them both home from there.

Just let me know if you need a hand. :-D

Adam

Sevo

Adam

Man so good to know there is someone local. I really appreciate the offer and I will give you a call to set up a time with you. I look forward to it.

Good to hear about the quality of these trucks. I am really excited to get them both.

I will give you a call today

Thank you again

Chris l.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
Adam can tell you we have a whole bunch of folks in the Columbia area! He joined us for our regular Thursday night outing at the hanger last night, and you can come next Thursday if you like! The usual crowd includes Dave, Danny, Frank, Paul, Joe, Jeff, Jennifer, Robert, two guys named Steve, at least three guys named John (four when Waller is in town), Charlie, Claude, Jay, Larry, Lee, and me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks