• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gonna need some help please!!

Zack

I have posted recently about my winning of a deuce... It is located in albany GA.. I live in augusta ga... I have read and talked to a few folks about euc s clearing fast, so i wanna see if anyone is close to albany, and if they would mind in helping me... My truck states dead batteries will jumpstart. I am hoping that it will run,,,,, and really hoping the brakes work. If not then i will need some help to move the truck and possibly store it untill it can be fixed which if that is the case i will have it done as fast as possible... Unfortunatly i do not have the funds to have the truck transported to my house so thats why i am asking for HELP. Thanks guys hope to hear some good news. THanks Zack:beer:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on winnning your deuce! Call the local GL rep and ask if he thinks the truck will run, if it was driven onto the site. He may also know if it has a brake pedal or if it goes to the floor. The brakes are the most important part. Also ask if they can slave it for you to start it. I find that most GL guys are very helpful. If the batteries are dead, but not ruined and the truck cannot be slaved, you can use jumper cables from a 12 VDC car/truck and charge each battery separately with the alternator enough to start the truck if it is in running condition. The weather should be warm in Albany which will help. You can also show up with new batteries and swap them out during the recovery, or go to a local parts store and buy new batteries. Chances are you can get it started with the old batteries by slaving or charging and then simply don't shut it down the whole way home.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it runs but has no brakes I may be able to help get it to the Macon area (if your EUC clears soon) but I wouldn't be able to get to it till a Saturday. I was supposed to make a trip up to Macon this weekend but have had to put the trip off till the 5th of March. I will be heading up I-75 to Macon with an empty drop deck trailer (need to pick up my next toy and haul it back home). If someone near the base can pick it up for you and hold it till the 5th I can get it when I come through and bring it to Macon. That would at least get it part of the way to you. But as I mentioned it will need to be able to run so it can be loaded on the drop deck as I don't have a winch on my trailer (at least not yet anyhow).

If I can be of any help let me know and I will PM you my cell phone number.

Ruppster

fasttruck

Placards on door suggest vehicle was used to haul ammo so it would have to have been maintained to get through the inspection point at the ammo dump. How long ago that was is anybody's guess.

Zack

Talked to my gl rep today... He said the trucks ran were supposed to be shiped out and used but never made the trip, So they have been sitting. I believe he said 2 years.. But the guys at the location it is located told him they would run... But he has no idea if the brakes work or not.. And i cant do anything untill my euc clears..

sandcobra164

Zack,
As we discussed on the phone, this truck will either drive out under it's own power or I'll tow it home with my Deuce and fix whatever needs repairing. If anybody else bought a M35 or M109 out of Albany, GA recently, I'm here to help and have absolutely no affiliation with GL but I've probably driven your new truck at some point in it's life!!! Those trucks used to belong to the Guard unit that I serve with.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for taking care of this. I have another person that bought one there also and is looking for options on recovery. Will PM you once I get more details from him.

91W350

Zack,
As we discussed on the phone, this truck will either drive out under it's own power or I'll tow it home with my Deuce and fix whatever needs repairing. If anybody else bought a M35 or M109 out of Albany, GA recently, I'm here to help and have absolutely no affiliation with GL but I've probably driven your new truck at some point in it's life!!! Those trucks used to belong to the Guard unit that I serve with.
I am not involved and I am way out of that circle, but I thank you for your willingness to assist others. Glen

emr

As all the silly and fun posts about questions like, hey i bought truck and have no money and no idea of what to do fly around, ? is this a joke or real? just wondering, I guess my question is, after thinking about buying a used military vehicle and researching the idea, and then bidding with all the dead lines of removal and other things, Please do not mind me asking but I really would like to know , Why did U bid more than U have to remove it from the base? or why did U not find out how much it would take to remove it before setting a budget to purchase said truck, just wondering, And as for the unbelievable generosity here, i agree sandcobra is a great guy, But man this just seems to be a daily routine? hey can U guys go get my truck, I thought of nothing and hey how about some help from a guy behind a keyboard with no money, just sayin i guess, i could never do that, I did pull a truck out of picatiny for a guy who was from another state that asked for help here, and stored it at my shop for a few weeks , helped his trucker load late one eve. and did not want anything, but man that has got to get old, I sure hope generosity finds its way to u sandcobra,

sandcobra164

EMR, Zack and I have talked a pretty good bit about buying one of these trucks. He's been wanting one for a while I can say. He may be new to this site but he's had the passion for a while. I'd be willing to bet he'll make it to the Rally this year and if it's not too far of a drive, we'd like to see you there as well. Also, I bought my first Deuce from GL with nothing more than a hope and a prayer and a set of batteries. I knew how to make sure the truck was good to go but I took a real gamble on getting it to go 128 miles. Since then, it's been much further and has towed quite a bit of stuff but I've spent quite a sum repairing stuff along the way as well as for a towbar and related items. As for the no money situation, I can feel that pain too. Now, if I thought he was only trying to be an EBAY star, as there seems to be alot of those lately, I'd sit on my thumbs. As Papebear would say, he's a good troop and I think we should help those guys as sometimes, we need help. As far as "is this for real", I've got pics of quite a few M817's and M818's that were bought at the Marine Base in Albany that I work at that have made their first appearance outside Gov't hands in my front yard. I've helped and even made a few friends in the process, Smoothnu, TravisXL89, TVoss, Floridianson, Papabear, Televisionman007, ARuss, Dozer1, Armada, Poppop and Atomic just to name a few. I also met a pile of folks at the 10' GA Rally and even got to drive a Gun Truck (Proud American) up to it while another guy drove my Deuce / 105 / 4 wheeler / beer cooler up there from an entirely different start point. It all arrived and made it back home like it should have. Perhaps I am a little on the trusting side but I've come to like this group on this SS site. A pretty nice group of folks afterall if you make friends with the right one's. Long live this hobby and the good folks that you can meet on here!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the privilage of meeting sandcobra164 at the '10 SSGA rally, and he is one of the good ones. It's nice to see the generosity payed foreward, and I'm sure Zack will do the same for a member when he has the opportunity.

rickf

I have been a member here for roughly 6 years but I was helping people retrieve trucks for ten years before that. I don't ask for any more than what I have to put out of my pocket. I am not well to do, far from it, so I know what it is like to have an OD addiction and sometimes you have to jump on a deal when you can. I have bid on a hundred trucks and won none but I did win a genset unexpectedly. It happens. I have noticed on here there are a lot of good ole boys who seem to think that search and manuals is the ONLY way to go. This site and others like it are here for information dissemination. The search engines on these forums, I belong to several others, do not always work very well so people ask questions. I have answered the same questions hundreds of times on other forums and I do not say RTFM like I have seen here. I fully agree with EMR that all funds should be in place but it just does not always happen, hence the good guys step up. If you want to further the hobby do not come down on the new guys. Or the guys trying to help them. I remember going to the rescue of a guy who had slammed me repeatedly for being too helpful. "They need to learn how to be self sufficient" That was what he always told me about others. Well needless to say he was very red faced when I came to help him out. By the way it was 01:00 in the morning. He learned that there are people that will help you out no matter what. He has never said another bad word on the forums. I have subscribed to several threads here recently that were deleted, some justified others I saw no reason to delete. This is a forum, not a military operation. I do not own the forum and I fully realize I am in someone elses house and will abide by the rules. I am just pointing out that maybe you should lighten up a little, there are a lot of members on here that were never military and are not used to that type of discipline.
Just my two cents.
Rick

Zack

Emr I did take a risk by buying the truck,, I did have a fallback plan i have family about an hour away... I would have the truck towed there.. But SANDCOBRA has been a godsend for sure.. I am more than fortunate that he is willing to help...When i have my truck i will do the same thing.. Help in any way that i can, even if it is just to stop by to turn wrenches to get a truck back on the road or what ever the case may be... As for the rally i cant wait!!! I will be there... With a smile on my face, ready to meet new people and make new friends...

sandcobra164

It's here!!!! I've been pretty busy lately but finally found time this afternoon to go and pick up Zack's new ride. Whistler turbo, runs fine but no brakes due to a leaking right front wheel cylinder. We'll be changing that tomorrow and hopefully sending this beast back to Augusta!!! Enjoy the pics, for those who don't know, I enjoy pics of my boys while I play with this stuff.

Attachments

sandcobra164

Well, ya'll beat me out on the M35A2 W/W at Rucker a year and a half ago.... My truck would like to meet it's cousin one day. Anyhow, Winches are nice to have and this truck has more than one!!!!

1crook

That is a great looking truck. Maybe we can bring the M35A2 W/W from Rucker to the Rally this year. Although Clinto has his heart set on an M816, I am sure that he would be drooling over your wrecker.