• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good air...no brakes. M35A2.

stampy

Oh, you might spray penetrating oil on the nut that goes into the wheel cylinder(on the brake lines) so it is easy to loosen before you even begin to jack up the truck.:wink:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just used 6 jack stands.

Don't believe the TM when it says torque the brake line banjo bolts to 65 ft lbs. I broke one and it pretty much ruined my day.

Attachments

rlwm211

I just finished straightening out my brakes and the wrench sizes are 3/8 for the air vent on the master and 3/4 for the cap itself. I would recommend checking any trucks master cylinder daily until you know the idiosyncrasies of that particular truck. In my case, I had to rebuild a wheel cylinder and the master cylinder. Now the thing stops on a dime....sort of anyways...actually it has great brakes..
Just remember to refill the master after either each wheel cylinder you bleed, or else after two; no more....

. Ask me how I know that.....

also, a coleman fuel funnel works great as a means in which you can pour that gosh darn expensive Silicone brake fluid into the master. Just put it in the hole straight over the master.....

canyon creek

anybody know how you can tell if the airpac is working, or if the secondary cylinder it impacts is working? i have a new master cylinder and i have everything bled but the brake pedal is still a little mushy and the brakes won't really stop the truck.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
anybody know how you can tell if the airpac is working, or if the secondary cylinder it impacts is working? i have a new master cylinder and i have everything bled but the brake pedal is still a little mushy and the brakes won't really stop the truck.
Did you use a pressure bleeder or do it manually?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you bleed the air pack first?