• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Cheap Lift for the M1009

Westech

CPL
Well guys here it is.. I have been working on a good cheap lift for the 09 and have got it down. 4 inch lift!

Parts list.
U bolts front and rear $40.00 a set from mcveighstrucksprings@yahoo.com (also search ebay store) This is a Grade A super guy! TOP QUALITY!!!
Front U bolt plates: eBay Store - WFO Concepts: Differential Covers, Steering, Shift knobs $36.95
front shocks: Gabriel # G63437 $35.99
rear shocks : Gabriel # G63438 $35.99

Rear blocks: Pro comp # 95-350B $41.95
Rear shims: Pro comp # 99-250B $13.95 (if needed)
Rear add a leaf: ? #13120-1 (ebay $7.99.. 24" x 2.5")

Front Zero rate blocks: Offroad Design - Fullsize Chevy GM 4x4 Suspensions, Parts and Performance $45.99
Front add a leaf: ? (ebay $21.95 43" x 2.5")

Steering arm: Car Parts, Truck Parts, Auto Accessories: Just Great Parts Cheap at CarParts.com $45.99 Gm 10 bolt/dana 44

You will need to buy grade 8 bolts for the spring packs. Factory is a strange size but 5/16 works Great! You will need to grab what fits YOUR spring pack. Just head to the hardware store and get a bunch of them from 2.5 - 4 inch and a set of lock and flat washers and nuts.

Attachments

Last edited:

colomil

I have an even cheaper 4" lift with no add a leaves or lift blocks! Use a pair of M1009 rear springs in the front with relocated mounting bracket and longer rear chackle. In the rear simply cut the bottom of the rear spring hangar cut a hole and flip the shakle. This will give you about 4" and a better ride with no axle wrap issues. Of course you will need to buy shocks and possibly the steering arm (I went with inverted "T" crossover steering which can be done for about $200).

colomil

The rear shackle flip can be done using new mounts from ORD or Sky Manufacturing if looks are a concern. I am a believer in function over form so I use the flip with beefed up mounts. I don't add-a-leaves+blocks because of the stiffer ride and axle wrap.

To each his own

Fred_M1010

Hi,

I used front hangers from a newer IFS-truck, and added a little reinforcement.
I'm not 100% sure they work on the Blazer though,
since I think the distance from the spring to the frame might be different.

/Fredrik

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
Well dudes I added another 1.5 inch (really it should be a inch) to the front. I used 2.5* shims and lift shackles in the front. the Wheel wells stand at 43" all around...... should have got 35" tires.