• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Deal or Not

derby

I know You want this truck real bad, and i know you have looked at it. the thing is, I don't think you are seeing this truck. You stated there is no rust and no leaks. I can tell you the front axle is coverd with something,the oil pan and trans are wet with something. and I am from Mi so I know rust. That truck has some blisters that will turn into a hole as soon as you touch it. I AM not trying to make you mad or sell you a truck, I just don't want to see you buy it and then a month later regret it. by the way ,these trucks are not real "daily driver friendly" but you will learn this. ever thought about a cucv?

Goose2448

I am going to put antique tags on it so I can only drive it once a week or so. I did notice the dirt on the axels. It looks like old grease that would have been used to protect the metal. I had just rained before the pictures were taken. The wetness could be water. They do have some different color paint on them too. The rust spots do feel solied, but I know a welder that can fix a hole for FREE.

stumps

The gassers had more power than MF's and were ALOT lighter.:wink:
Were they? The axles, transmission, transfer case, body, tires, etc were the same. The only big difference I see was the engine... and it was the same sized, if not the same block (I don't know this!).

Do you have any numbers that tell us the actual weight of a deuce gasser?

-Chuck

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are alot lighter, My cherry picker wont pick up a complete multi but I can lift an OA331 with all accessories with it extended.

BugEyeBear

How far are you willing to travel to pcik-up a Deuce??

Farther south often = less rust....

....not always though as they do tend to get moved around during their years of service!

BugEyeBear

There has to be quite a few owners in your area.

Suggest you start a new thread...

Maybe call it "Help! Deuce Newbie in PA wants to learn about Deuces", or something like that. & in the body of the post say that you are considering buying a Deuce, but you want to look at a few "good ones" 1st and learn what to look out for. Then say something about "maybe a test drive?"....

There's lots of guys on here who are proud to show off their Deuce!

Roscoe, the hole under the right fender was where a double walled cylinder was attached with hoses from the engine and coolant wouldd flow between the two walls and hot coolant would go thru another hose to the bottom of the battery compartment to keep the batteries warm and from freezing .Mine came from AK and has the same thing. I took mine out. I can post a picture if you have not seen one. I still have it.