• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Morning America!

BartonUK

I've just joined SS and I'm from Berkeley, Gloucestershire in the Divided Kingdom (where certain boroughs of London are now being subjected to sharia law). But that's enough about politics, can anyone help with the installation of a 6.2 diesel in my '72 El Camino?
After mucho modifying of the sump (oil pan) and front cross member, I've got the engine bolted to the mounts and the Muncie 4 speed. I bought the 6.2 motor from a guy who imports them 3 or 4 at a time from the states, to convert RVs and the like (as petrol prices here are £1.50 per litre - I think that works out at about $10 per gallon). I guessed the motor might be ex-military, but having recently found '24V' stamped on the starter motor, that's now pretty much confirmed.
So the main question is - after sourcing a 12V starter - what else do I need to do/replace to convert the whole installation to a 12 volt system?
Sorry if this is a stupid question or already covered elsewhere, but I did first visit the 'info for new members' section but something's amiss there and I couldn't get to the advice info.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Barton

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty sure there is a fuel solenoid on the top back of the motor. Pink or red wire. That will need to be changed to 12v too. Someone more familiar with the motors should be along soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks