• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Morning from Germany

Sili

Hey Guys!

Im Patrick from Germany (Hessen in the middle between Ramstein and Wiesbaden for those of you who know the locations of US Army Garrisons in germany :))

At the moment im driving a 2001 RAM Gasser but i think in the near future i would like to get me a M1008 as a daily driver.

Ive been reading a lot on here already but as soon as im going to get a cucv or own one later, i guess there will be questions :)

Greetings!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hey Guyfang!

I see you settled close to some good beer-locations :D

*thumbsup*
The worlds best beer is made in Europe.
The best beer in Europe is made in Germany.
The best German beer is made in Franken, (Franconia).
The best beer from Franken is made in Ober Franken, (Upper Franconia).

Yes, I live in the middle of Franken!!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia, USA. I was stationed at Kirch Göns in at Ayers Kaserne near Giessen back in the early 70s. I really enjoyed my time in Germany while in the Army and was lucky to spend a lot more time working in Germany before I retired.

Sili

The worlds best beer is made in Europe.
The best beer in Europe is made in Germany.
The best German beer is made in Franken, (Franconia).
The best beer from Franken is made in Ober Franken, (Upper Franconia).

Yes, I live in the middle of Franken!!
Really some good beers there but i still like whats brewed here in Hessen while were more famous for our Apfelwein (i think cider is closest to it in the states?!)

Welcome from the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia, USA. I was stationed at Kirch Göns in at Ayers Kaserne near Giessen back in the early 70s. I really enjoyed my time in Germany while in the Army and was lucky to spend a lot more time working in Germany before I retired.
*thumbsup* germany lost so much when some garrisons were closed.
many bars were full of americans and there was so much influence in town near the us installations. but thats the way it goes. anyways, it fine that also the us guys that served here look back to a good time!

Welcome from Linden / Central Hesse.

Of course, the best beer is only available here.:wink:

Kirchgöns is almost a neighboring town. About 12 kilometers away from me.

Have fun here in the forum and with your future M1008.

In German:

Willkommen aus Linden/Mittelhessen.

Das beste Bier gibt es natürlich nur bei uns.:wink:

Kirchgöns ist fast ein Nachbarort. Etwa 12 Kilometer von mir entfernt.

Viel Spaß hier im Forum und mit Deinem zukünftigen M1008.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!

Time to start thinking about a European SteelSoldiers meeting with the increasing tally of members in this nick of the woods.:beer::beer:

Sili

THX @ ALL

Happy to see there are some guys from germany over here :)

Im already in the process of watching the market. Gonna start another thread now to get some more knowledge.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
There are no boundaries when you think of MV's. I have seen several continents here represented with different makes and models. And the interest in the old to the new is fascinating to me as you can see how the engineering has developed.

Willkommen an Bord!

Migginsbros

Sili

Saw a few m1009 on a us-car meet in Frankfurt (Main) and my neighbor had a m1008 a few years ago. now hes doing a k20 conversion to a colt seavers showtruck :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks