• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipaa

IP has initiated an "incident" into my failed auction! It seems that they are now checking to see if they really can give me a useable title for Michigan. I called and explained the complete situation and they said that they are "new" to government auctioning and are learning each states requirements as they go along. Michigan may end up as an EUC/Off-road only for the M939 series. If you cannot buy one of these trucks and use it on a farm they are a heavy paper-weight or mouse collector for the pole barn.

(removed insurance rant - WH)

I'd rather drive an orchard tractor and a sprayer down the Blossomtime Parade route. For that, I am covered!

Last edited by a moderator:

smittyjr355

I title these vehicles all the time and we do have a farm and they are insured. You should have no trouble getting this truck titled in MI. You may have to get a GVW plate but sometimes you have to pay to play!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not giving anyone my number. I am working with DLA Battle Creek to straighten this out. There is too much conflicting information on this site.
ummmmm wow. You have a Michigan resident who wants to help you through the process in Michigan that you asked for advice on. And this is your response? If you are working with DLA and they and you have it under control why in the world are you on here about it?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ummmmm wow. You have a Michigan resident who wants to help you through the process in Michigan that you asked for advice on. And this is your response? If you are working with DLA and they and you have it under control why in the world are you on here about it?
But then there wouldn't be anything to complain about.

I sense a fabricated tale
Sounds like a troll tale (or tail if trolls have them).

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove from PA and personally have a met smittyjr355 for and item. He is very honest and helpful. I would have no problems giving him the info if it can help you

Shark Bait

He wants to come on here and give everyone h377 for his problem, ask for help on how to fix his problem, then decline free useful help for his problem? Why even come on here at all? Usually I can fix this problem with a cupcake, a band aid and turn on the cartoon channel. Then they're quiet. Jeez o weez. I got an idea, buy a Ford Raptor. I think there's a different sight for them.

hipaa

I paid IP to title this truck for me so I could insure it and self-transport. IP called me from their titling office in California and said Michigan will not title for registration purposes.(SF-97 only) Given that, and the complete lack of anyone wanting to insure for on-road use, I have an expensive paper-weight. You guys make your own conclusions.

549538 1992 BMY M923A2 5 Ton 6x6 Cargo Truck S/N: 23/07847Location: Sparta, WI 54656, USA
Loading dock: No
Pickup hours: All pickup times must be scheduled in advance with GovPlanet Customer Service.
(Pickup times and requirements vary by location, all pickup times must be scheduled in advance with GovPlanet Customer Service.)

US $4,900.00
Transaction FeeUS $490.00
Dealer Documentation FeeUS $100.00
Subtotal:US $5,490.00
State Sales Tax - 5% - WisconsinUS $274.50
County Sales Tax - 0.5% - MonroeUS $27.45
State Title FeeUS $50.00
Total Due by 4/6/15:

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Titling document will be issued to:
Address on titling document: Shipping Details:
Watervliet, MI 49098
USA
Watervliet, MI 49098
USA
Invoice Details

Is there a fundamental lack of reading skills here? I paid IronPlanet to title the vehicle for me so I can insure and self-ship. IP called me and told me Michigan will not issue a title on an M923A2. So....either Iron Planet is lying about coordinating titling my vehicle OR people are titling them in MY state without being entirely forthcoming about what these trucks really are. I will not mention the "I" word but in no uncertain terms was told NO by everyone for the state of Michigan for on-road farm use. And yes, I am a troll. I live south of the Mackinac Bridge. In Michigan that makes a person a troll. But in all reality, why would someone "troll" a classic military truck site?
It is pretty clear with your threads and posts you didn't come here for help . You seem to have come to bash IP/Gov/Planet. Michigan has been a very MV friendly state , you walk into your local SOS office with proper paperwork apply for a new title give the $25 bucks and walk out with a temporary title and get the title in the mail in a week or two. Military vehicles are no problem they may have to manually enter the V.I.N. though and no inspection is requires , no lies , no fraud just common sense and the correct forms.

Shark Bait

Yes I can read. Lol. I got out all of my legally acquired MV titles AND policies and read them. Then later today I will choose one to take my kids to Dairy Queen and read their menu before finalizing on a specific frozen treat.
Your thread title says good news. Do you consider threatening IP so that Michigan MV enthusiasts wanting to purchase 900 series trucks going forward may only do so for off road use only? You had a Michigan resident owning legally Michigan titled MV's with legal Michigan policies willing to call and put up with your attitude to help you and you declined that help?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid IP to title this truck for me so I could insure it and self-transport. IP called me from their titling office in California and said Michigan will not title for registration purposes.(SF-97 only) Given that, and the complete lack of anyone wanting to insure for on-road use, I have an expensive paper-weight. You guys make your own conclusions.
Iron Planet (nor Govliquidation) does not title trucks. They only you the Governments reassigned SF-97 form. It is up to you to title it. Your state won't take it? Complain to them.

I am not trying to argue here just telling you from years of experience.

hipaa

Iron Planet charged me $150 total to TITLE this truck in my state. It was an extra-service I requested as they offered it to me on check-out. Now it is my mission to get DLA to EUC/Off-road the 939 Series Trucks. I will consider this my last post as I am sure 4th and final warning is forthcoming. Oh, did I say "insurance?" Yeah, if I can't have it then neither should you......

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks