• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good PCB, still no wait light

Kaz

I put in my new PCB but still have no wait light. I've been searching a bit and that's the story I keep coming up with. I was also going to do the glow plugs and see what happens, but two of the three I got on were stuck so I have to fight those now. Planning on revisiting that tomorrow eve and seeing if I can get them all. In the meantime, if anyone can think of something else I can also look at, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Kaz

Yeah, I disconnected them. They look new and going by how it cranks I'd say they're charged fully. I do notice the charge is showing yellow on the gauge and I assume that's because it's not running, but I'm not going to assume anything and not ask about it at the moment.

Something else that's occurring to me is how do I remove the broken part if the plug breaks as I pull it?

Thanks.

Thecaptain

Make sure the ground behind the instrument cluster is firmly and cleanly attached. My nut came loose a while back and my wait light failed to illuminate - and I'd see my charge in the yellow. Real easy and quick check.

Shaun

Action

sp, you are asking what is wrong with your system and you have known bad glowplugs installed? I am going to guess you have bad glowplugs.
Did you also replace the piece in the water crossover pipe that should have come with the new box?

you can remove an injector and fish out the broken pieces, or vaccuum, or use the tool made to remove them.

Kaz

The beast lives! Update the notes, a complete lack of a wait light can also be bad plugs.
sp, you are asking what is wrong with your system and you have known bad glowplugs installed? I am going to guess you have bad glowplugs.
Did you also replace the piece in the water crossover pipe that should have come with the new box?

you can remove an injector and fish out the broken pieces, or vaccuum, or use the tool made to remove them.
I didn't know they were bad, but I was betting they were. I'm not sure what water pipe you mean, but it didn't come with anything. And thanks for the tip on the tip chunk removal, I'll file that away for future reference. I got them this time but who knows if I'll get lucky again.

Make sure the ground behind the instrument cluster is firmly and cleanly attached.
Will also keep a note of that, thank you. I think I found the one you're getting at and it was fine.

Did you check the wait light circuit.....and bulb
It crossed my mind, but no. Since the engine acted up as well I didn't think that would be it.

Thanks again.