• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Price?

mr.travo

Running through Craigslist and saw a M101A2 for $900. Isn't that a little high?

Let me know you guys thoughts.

Thanks!

Travo

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.travo

Ya, I paid $450 for my '62 and it was in almost mint shape with a brand new tarp. I'm not a fan of the sand color anyway. I guess this one will be a pass.

Thanks guys!

mr.travo

I wish I had my Deuce with me and I would snag one. Still need to ship my M35, M101, and a bunch of parts over. Too bad diesel isn't getting any cheaper! I need to win the lotto! LOL!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Different areas have different prices. Of late, its probably a fiar price, but I would take a peek inside the master cylinder for water & dirt. The vent tube is smushed, and that can be a contamination issue. The crank for the jack, looks to be missing - no biggy there. To me, a plus are the fibreglas side rails/steel bows and the tarp. You don't have the bother of the GL experience (or risk either), and the possible EUC. Be absolutely sure it has a title. If not, I wouldn't touch it.

K9Vic

Be absolutely sure it has a title. If not, I wouldn't touch it.
Listing states "Bill of sale only"

I have never bought a trailer from GL with a SF97 to get a title, just a bill of sale from them. I asked and they said BOS only with trailers, this was Hooks Texas.

You do not need a title in Texas to get plates for a trailer. All you need is the bill of sale, or get plates as a home build trailer. Getting a title is not going to make it worth anymore in Texas, bill of sale is fine.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it all depends. If you want to play the GL game, thats the way to go for a cheap treailer.

If you want a buy it as is right now, no GL games/stolen parts/EUC wait, go with a private sale. Both have their advanatges and disadvantages.

cpf240

Ok, as I erred in my previous post to this thread, and have been appropriately spanked, let me try again:

The Los Angeles area CL shows M101A2 prices ranging from $1495 to $2200.

Way too rich for my blood! I'll keep looking to GL for the time being.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lavarok is right. A complete M101A2 w/ cover and fiberglass sides is worth $900 on the private market. You can register a trailer in the state of Texas without a Title of its under 2000lbs, all you need is a BOS. I've done this literally a dozen times now.

mr.travo

CPF240-

Ya, I had the same happen to me for posting the link.

ANYWAY-

Yes, in the state of Texas all we need is a bill of sale and a picture of the data plate (I needed that when I registered mine). I guess I got a good deal on my 101. I am going to pass and hold out for getting the rest of my things shipped over here and then save up for a 105 for the deuce.

Travo

12vman

I just sold two M101A2 w/ fiberglass rails, metal bows and covers for $800 and $900. If I had waited longer I could of got more here in KY. I have a waiting list as it stands now....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally they aren't worth over about $400 to me. I guess they are worth a lot more if you want a military trailer to go with your MV but once you start getting close to $1K you can buy a civi trailer that's a lot more useful for the same money.

bebobalhan

Winning bid for a M105 $400, buyers premium $40, SF97 $60, flat bed trailer rent to pick up $75, fuel 120mi towing $30, pintle hitch + height adapter $120, spare tire with rim $120, magnet tail lights $12, total so far $857 and I still have the cost of registration to pay. So although every bidder may not have all the same expenses I think it is a fair price.

If I added in my cost of time/labor it would be over $1000 for me to break even selling my trailer---which I do not intend to do. I want those 2 1/2 tons of capacity to move my "stuff" from winter to summer quarters. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks