• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good spot for oil pressure sender??

llong66

Hello all! I was wondering what your thoughts were about this plug being a good spot to pick up oil pressure? The two nipples are for the oil cooler lines.
I will be using a mechanical gauge until I recover from the rebuild and can get some speed hut stuff ordered.

Thanks much!
Gregopsender.jpg

llong66

No one knows if thats a plug for an oil passage? I know you can just build a "T"
and use the current spot, just thought I could save a few $$ on hardware if this was
an oil passage.

llong66

Hewfdad, thanks much! I am rebuilding a 1996 factory turbo motor so Ill be using all of those parts, I have never looked into a Banks system and did not realize that they pick up the turbo oil supply there.

Mainsail, the pic is of the area ahove the oil filter, thats what I meant when I said the nipples are for the oil cooler lines, sorry I didn't mke myself more clear.

Thanks guys!
Greg

cucvrus

Forgive me if I am incorrect. But old school told me to check oil pressure the furthest from the oil pump. That means the rear of the cam bearings. And you can get a brass adapter at any hardware store to hook up to the OEM oil pressure sending unit and still have the OEM idiot light and a live oil pressure gauge. That is how I always hooked them up. Am I doing it all wrong?