• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear 395/85/R20s on my M109

TigerHawk

The 100DollarMan came through! He was great to work with and I'm very pleased with the tires! I just got these mounted today on my stock rims. Yes, it was about a four hour job. But it's worth it! The 109 steers SO much better and the ride is a lot smoother. I did have to take a sledge to the mud flaps... The left front tire does rub on the steering arm. I think I'm going to make or purchase a spacer to push the front tires out about a half an inch. LEAVE PLENTY OF ROOM TO STOP! She does not seem to want to stop as quickly. But then again my seals are leaking, so I'm sure my brakes are wet. I use this truck almost everyday for mobile repair. I should be able to get through the snow MUCH better this year! TOMORROW I MOUNT THE WINCH!

Attachments

jollyroger

Every time I have done business with Hundy he has come through and treated me right.

I have always liked those goodyears the best. Nice setup. That 109 seems to look great with the rears dished out. They look ok on the cargo trucks but yours looks fabulous.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I like that look! What size tube did you use? I've read a lot of threads about 395s on stock rims and a lot of different size tubes have been used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks