• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear MTR tires.....?

muttandjeeps

I've got a set of MT's on the truck now, all about 80 or better percent there, question is, are the MTR's an upgrade ?
Looking for a quieter ride while staying with the 16.5 rim, thanks

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on your driving habits.

The MTs will last you longer but don't have the best traction on road.

The MTRs have a bit better traction but wear out faster.

For road noise, on my M1123 I can't hear the tires much because everything else is too loud

springer1981

The problem is the 16.5 in a 37" tire. There are no good road options unless you change to a 17" rim.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the BFG baja's which are available in load range d or e. Good traction and equally good ride even with the run flats at 35 psi. YMMV
Tradeoffs though are a short lifespan and no mud/snow rating.
Probably the best on road traction of the options though.

jrtoffroad

Are you able to get any of these tires new in a 16.5? I've been planning on swapping to 17's as I couldn't find anything available for 16.5's.

I've seen some surplus tires but worry about the age. Wish they'd put the date code in the pics on govplanet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks