• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear Wrangler MT tire tread direction

hammick

I bought an MEP-802a on an LTT-TQG trailer. Tires are Goodyear Wrangler MT. The Goodyear military brochure says these tires are unidirectional. For whatever reason the manufacturer mounts the tires the same way on rims so on my trailer the left tire is rotating the wrong direction. Others I have seen on GP are the same.

I will be pulling this 1200 miles at interstate speeds. Should I have the left tire re-mounted the correct direction or not worry about it?

Also any reason to balance these tires. I have some balancing beads I could have installed.

Thanks.

20160412_141311.jpg

gottaluvit

I bought an MEP-802a on an LTT-TQG trailer. Tires are Goodyear Wrangler MT. The Goodyear military brochure says these tires are unidirectional. For whatever reason the manufacturer mounts the tires the same way on rims so on my trailer the left tire is rotating the wrong direction. Others I have seen on GP are the same.

I will be pulling this 1200 miles at interstate speeds. Should I have the left tire re-mounted the correct direction or not worry about it?

Also any reason to balance these tires. I have some balancing beads I could have installed.

Thanks.

View attachment 617505
I, myself, do not see how it could matter on a trailer. On my CUCV, I have them all facing the same to clean better in mud. Every trailer I got that has them tires, have them with one each direction as you have stated.