• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Chrome showing SS as a phishing site?

DrJekl

I get the following error: Google Chrome has blocked access to www.steelsoldiers.com. This website has been reported as a phishing website. All you need to do is tell GC to keep driving on but has there been an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Google Chrome is reporting that way. I reported it to Drew.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There was a file uploaded under /inlcudes this morning around 4am, I had removed it. But I guess it already got reported.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just opened the site in chrome (I don't use it often), but I didn't get an alert?

DrJekl

Google is blocking me from the email link. The window I am working from here is fine but the one I just opened blocks even after you tell it to continue at your own risk. Hopefully Google will get this fixed. I do not care much for IE.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Google is blocking me from the email link. The window I am working from here is fine but the one I just opened blocks even after you tell it to continue at your own risk. Hopefully Google will get this fixed. I do not care much for IE.
I'm in the same boat. Chrome simply redirects to the "blocked" page even after I sent a report and explained and even after I chose "Continue at your own risk". Since patracy can't do anything else, does this mean the site is more or less banned from Chrome users forever? I had gotten used to using Chrome (using Mozilla now).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in the same boat. Chrome simply redirects to the "blocked" page even after I sent a report and explained and even after I chose "Continue at your own risk". Since patracy can't do anything else, does this mean the site is more or less banned from Chrome users forever? I had gotten used to using Chrome (using Mozilla now).
Pretty much google keeps their browser under heel when it comes to these reports. I've sent a request to have it removed, but until they browse the site again and give it a "ok", it will block under chrome.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got in via chrome this morning at 8:48, you have to sign away your first born, (which is fine in my case) but you do get in finally.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steel Soldiers site problems

Has anyone else had problems with Google Chrome saying that the SS site is being Phished ? everything else works "OK" . I have reported the problem to Google , for what that is worth . I will check my Chrome settings and see what happens . BTW , I can open the site by a Google search , but my shortcut will not open and I have already tried a new shortcut same problem . bob k:roll:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone else had problems with Google Chrome saying that the SS site is being Phished ? everything else works "OK" . I have reported the problem to Google , for what that is worth . I will check my Chrome settings and see what happens . BTW , I can open the site by a Google search , but my shortcut will not open and I have already tried a new shortcut same problem . bob k:roll:
Merged to this thread.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All we can do as users is report it as clear and ok using the Advanced option in Chrome when it blocks you, they will check it in their own sweet time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks