• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Chrome showing SS as a phishing site?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
merged.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They seem to have corrected it , everything works "OK" , wow , ain't computers great !! . BTW , probably just a NSA search that went off track , probably means nothing to a bunch of people who play with GREEN THINGS !!!! LOL:popcorn:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm getting blocked by phish.opendns.com on chrome and IE now. With no way of getting past. Well except Tapatalk.
Chris mentioned that this morning. I guess they got the update from google afterwards. I've asked Chris to click on the report link, and would ask all of you to do the same. The only options would be for you to remove opendns from your DNS until they give the site the all clear.

The clientscript folder is still clear:

[root@www ~]# clamscan --infected --recursive /home/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/clientscript

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 3055176
Engine version: 0.98
Scanned directories: 201
Scanned files: 623
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 13.42 MB
Data read: 5.42 MB (ratio 2.48:1)
Time: 20.740 sec (0 m 20 s)
[root@www ~]#

MarcusOReallyus

I'm getting the same from Kapersky. Doesn't matter what browser, of course, since it's Kapersky. Very annoying - I'll get a half dozen or more popups on every single page I open. It's reporting almost every URL on the page, one by one. I'll try to find a way to contact Kapersky about it...

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

I have submitted a "false positive" report on Kapersky's website. They even gave me a ticket number! :) I had to lie, though. I said that the site admin was a really nice, honest person and would never be involved in anything shady. :D I'll keep you posted when I hear anything from them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have submitted a "false positive" report on Kapersky's website. They even gave me a ticket number! :) I had to lie, though. I said that the site admin was a really nice, honest person and would never be involved in anything shady. :D I'll keep you posted when I hear anything from them.
I've got a ticket number as well...

Maybe since you're a customer they'll give you the time of day!

tim292stro

Got that notice on the 6th at work, our Firewall uses OpenDNS, but when it blocks, we have a form we can fill out to fix the site data - I sent in a form and got this reply the next morning and it was working (I use all browsers at work):

Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:22 PM
To: Timothy Strommen
Subject: Re: [DT #DVH-78821-876] [OpenDNS] Phishing domain feedback for www.steelsoldiers.com

Hello Tim,

The phish tag has been removed from the 'steelsoldiers.com' domain. Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Vinny LaRiza
Community Moderator
OpenDNS
Might take a little bit of time to propagate out that "fix". I'd recommend to users that they CTRL+F5 reload the page, this should force a reload and wipe any cache of any file the site uses.

-T

MarcusOReallyus

Well, I got an email from Kapersky saying my case is CLOSED. No way to follow up and see what they did about it. The "case number" they gave me doesn't do me any good - there's no place on their site to enter it to see how it was resolved. And it's still blocked. I think I"ll be switching to a different AV product!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I got an email from Kapersky saying my case is CLOSED. No way to follow up and see what they did about it. The "case number" they gave me doesn't do me any good - there's no place on their site to enter it to see how it was resolved. And it's still blocked. I think I"ll be switching to a different AV product!
Well, I'm thoroughly unimpressed with them!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Opened another support case.

If everyone could visit this site:
http://support.kaspersky.com/content/helpdesk.html

Add "www.steelsoldiers.com/clientscript" to the address bar. Tell it more than 100K visits. (Maybe they'll pay attention)

I picked internet securities 2014 and the only version option it gave me.

Date is kinda tricky. You'd need to enter it like 01/13/2014. I just put the current date/time.

Attributed and desired "Forums and chats".

Then in the box I put "This site no longer has the phishing exploit, please remove it from your list".

Your email and the security code.

Maybe if we get a couple hundred people reporting it, they'll get off their tookus and correct their database.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks