• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Sketchup Model

Jim Deggys

I recently built a Food Truck from a Deuce. I'm future planning here with a M923 in Google Sketchup. The reason for this post is to share my 5 ton sketchup model. But for some reason I cannot up load it. If you would like a copy of the 3D model, PM me and Ill try to email it to you.

Attachments

Jim Deggys

Im satisfied with my Deuce setup, however the speed is an issue. I can top out at 40mph in my deuce which doesn't allow me to hit the interstate. I need to travel to festivals on a weekly basis. I rode in a 5ton last week and the speeds were 60 - 65mph. My 5ton sketchup has a 4 foot shorter container and the wheel base is 6 feet smaller than the deuce, the box is also 1 foot shorter so I'm still under legal height. Also, from what i have seen, the 5tons are easier to get at auction and in better shape in general.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With as long and big as your truck is, I'd just remove the transfercase and put in something with an overdrive. You don't plan on taking it offroad do you?

gimpyrobb

These are just thoughts mind you, your the one that has to live with/opperate it, so I understand your points.

Jim Deggys

The Deuce was my first food truck. The project got out of hand and the truck ended up taller and longer than on paper. However, it all came together for the designed purpose. The Deuce stays out of the city area and more rural. With the 5 ton, I feel it can be a more stable and manueverable platform. Especially if I can add rear steering. I want to stick with Military 6x6 trucks, they draw a crowd from the Military, prior Mil, Bikers, Car clubs, Mud trucks, Trail Riders, and basically any craftsman or hard working group. That adds to the cool factor which has gotten me invited to a few venues.

gimpyrobb

I'm not saying to not use them, just that you don't need them to have a functioning front axle.

I'd look into the old Brown-Lipe auxillary transmissions, some call them brownie boxes.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M939 transfer case is over drive, don't know if its high enough to meet your needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red

The 5 ton drivetrain has the output on the driver side, his deuce requires passenger side outputs from the tcase. Even without the front axle powered the rear driveshaft would be sitting with a sideways angle going from the tcase to the middle axle. Plus a deuce doesn't have the power to move itself with both a .78 overdrive from the transmission and a .73 overdrive from the transfercase when weighed down like that.

But that double overdrive idea works with the 5 tons. Using an older 5 ton with the 5 speed manual transmission (.79 OD) and swapped out the transfercase to the T1138, tcase from the m939 series.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M927/928 chassis. Add 4ft to the back of it. And do something like martys camper. Its all aluminum and with all the interior stuff still only weighs 10k. And the A2 has more than enough power and able to run 72mph. There is a diesel generator mounted in the lower boxes. I think its the same idea you need.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=128210&share_fid=20191&share_type=t

My Camper Project

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mos68x

M927/928 chassis. Add 4ft to the back of it. And do something like martys camper. Its all aluminum and with all the interior stuff still only weighs 10k. And the A2 has more than enough power and able to run 72mph. There is a diesel generator mounted in the lower boxes. I think its the same idea you need.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=128210&share_fid=20191&share_type=t

My Camper Project

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Must be nice, mine will NOT go past 63, even with a downhill. Only seen it higher than that once or twice and that was only on really steep downhill grades.

Mos68x

Gonna have to give that a try, the RPM limit seems simple enough. Not sure about the gov springs since I can't see what he was trying to adjust.