• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got a bunch done on the deuce this weekend

Monster Man

let's see: finished welding on the muffler to get rid of those annoying soot marks in the seams, painted the rear axle and springs, installed a chain to the steering wheel (there's a really convenient hole in the passenger seat frame with a reinforcement already welded to it that I bolted the chain to), installed a lock on the gas cap (super simple, only drilled one hole for the whole thing, will get pics it's pretty neat), removed the oversized mudflaps to expose more of the tire (legal? Not technically but the steel half guards do a good enough job), and finally, painted a pinup on the driver's fresh air vent. Well, my brother painted it to be correct, but I shaded it [:)] . Will of course need to get a pic of that.

bomar76

BajaPower and I went to Roger's Saturday to pick up a couple small items (horn assembly, e brake handle, etc) and ended up tearning down a FUBAR'ed injection pump he had laying around to see what makes it tick while we were there. Good experinece....
While we were there 2 guys came in from the JD auction up the road (just passing by) and ended up buying a 5 ton Multifuel dump Roger has for $7500....good clean looking truck.
Roger gave my son this HUGE chain and hook assembly....it weighs over 100 lbs. Looks cool as hell hanging on the rear of the deuce.
We came home and installed the horn, then BajaPower installed the e brake handle while I went over the engine gremlins.
I think I FINALLY have all the SH!T out of the injector pump and lines, and am now down to one injector that is toast.
Called Saturn Friday and was gonna order a complete set of injectors as insurance, but they only had one. It's on the way, so hopefully our engine woes are about over.
BTW, here are some pics of various things Roger has for sale in his vast menagerie:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been raining in these parts for days. Havn't done much outside, but did get one of the outriggers (bed support legs) on the M756 bed loose from all the rust. It was really only rusted about 3-4 inches into the storage tube. Will go for the second when the rain stops.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahaa! Mine were rusted solid Bjorn. I fought with them for days. Got both inner tubes out relatively easy but the inners, whew! The last one gave me plenty of fits. I finally attached a chain bridal to it with a mini J and ran the chain to my tractor. It wouldn't budge pulling it so I pulled against it and got quite a bit of tension on the chain. I then heated what I could to get it cherry red. Then I took a 5 foot spud bar and began hammering on the center of the chain. After several hits progress was visible. A short time later they were free. Must be some type of register surface or smoething because I cant get the whole thing out. I was successful though.

Monster Man

yeah, the weather here was OK- overcast and 50, but then the wind picked up yesterday, BAD. We just popped the air intake cover off and brought it inside, gotta love the simplicity of these trucks.

luckily all my work is leisure work, not something I need to get done. I always hate that, cause then it's like, well, WORK!! [:(!] :lol:

today at work I'm cutting the rest of my stencils getting it ready for the show here Apr. 9th- "Caution- Do Not Fill Above This Line, TP 50, Check Batteries Daily, and Drain Air Tanks Daily. Good lord, cutting out a hundred little 1 inch letters is murder, it was bad enough doing the big ones. But, it's the details that count :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the "inners" I'm talking about, Chris got the legs with the feet. The one that's loose will not come out beyond the knee, which is just as well, but it would have been nice to clean up the storage tube too.
Chris, if you are reading this, since you are making new gin pole adapters, the one dimension you need is the distance between the holes, which is 8 (eight) inches.

cten

Yeah, 40 degrees is like summer here.

Got to get to work when you can.

Man am I sore today from crawling around all weekend on the ground.

I'm still concerned with putting in those filter just be cause the are not exactly the same.

Regards,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, I can get both of mine out to that point. I tried like the devil to get the whole darned thing out and there must be something there designed to hold it in. Like you I wanted to clean out the whole tube. It will be a nasty mess but I'll keep greasing it and sliding it in and out and cleaning off the dirty grease until it looks ok. So what if I burn up 35# of GAA, I've got more!

1ton

The weather has been sucking around here since last week-my spring break! :banghead: It snowed last tuesday, 1.5" which reamained for a few hours and melted away. But it was cold! [:(!] Now it's just down right nice outside, but i have to deal with school! :banghead:

Loose Deuce

Dont know what the temp was around here but it was hot enough to run my AC most of the day and my face and arms are red from being outside all day. [^]

Monster Man

thanks- My bro and I were just brainstorming on names, you gotta have a name for the pinup which will also double as the name of the truck. We didn't want it to be as obvious as "Deuce's Wild" and such, so we came up with the PERFECT name, which also describes essentially what we are doing (misappropriating government material for personal use [:)] )

hopefully we can paint it up tonight or tomorrow

also got all the stencils cut and most painted, so she's really coming together [thumbzup]

Monster Man

can't remember the artists name, but we got the idea for the pose from another pinup. We had to clean it up so it was PG and did some updating to give her a mid-60's look- hair mostly, clothing etc., then did our best to transfer it to the panel. We knew the cards with the 2 and 5 would be perfect though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks