• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a few HMMWV tires in today!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not mind 4 or 5, with A2 Runflats...the problem I have been running into with these Take offs though is that almost half I have purchased elsewhere have had sidewall punctures severe enough to trash the tire, the damage was not visisble till the tire was mounted though. Very few seemed not to have had some sort of oblject imbedded in the tires requiring a Plug. I am in Northern Calif, Are you coming up to Tower Park in April?
I personally install Run Flats in all my HMMWV tires.....I perfer the A2 Runflat.

100dollarman

I would not mind 4 or 5, with A2 Runflats...the problem I have been running into with these Take offs though is that almost half I have purchased elsewhere have had sidewall punctures severe enough to trash the tire, the damage was not visisble till the tire was mounted though. Very few seemed not to have had some sort of oblject imbedded in the tires requiring a Plug. I am in Northern Calif, Are you coming up to Tower Park in April?
I personally install Run Flats in all my HMMWV tires.....I perfer the A2 Runflat.

Unfortunately, punctures are a problem with take-offs. But we have had great luck with only about 3-5% problem tires. What we do is triple check them by looking at them everytime we load/unload and then again when we ship. Anything that looks suspicious gets thrown aside. I always inform the customer of this risk before the purchase. It is the nature of this business. Sometimes, you cant see a leaky tire until it is installed.

I do not know what an A2 runflat is. Ours have the 2 pc rubber runflat in them. We have them with, or without runflats.

Not coming to Tower Park, but I have a friend that delivers for me up and down the I-5 corridor for very reasonable rates- if that helps..

oddfire

Could your friend who runs to Tacoma bring up a set of 4 37"ers some time? What is the price of the different tred %'s right know, and what would "he/she" charge for the haullin?:-D