• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a few questions

TheWeatherMan

First off I was driving home from Iowa last weekend, and it seems I didn't have as much power as I did driving out. But there were high winds and I had the canvas over the bed.

Second I noticed my oil PSI was just at 30PSI when driving and about 8-12 when idle. Is this normal. But then when I drove it yesterday it was back at 40PSI

I would fill the diesel tank up to the line and my gas gauge shows just above 1/2 a tank, but then it will show the correct amount at 1/4 tank

I met a old vet who was a co-driver, he said one of my injector pump lines was leaking at the base where it connects, is this a easy fix?

The floor got really warm while driving it home, I couldn't put my hand on it for more than 5 sec, is this normal?

Also dose anyone know where they sell the bracket to mount a rifle or gun to the dash, I guess the military doesn't sell the trucks with them on.

Akicita

<< First off I was driving home from Iowa last weekend, and it seems I didn't have as much power as I did driving out. But there were high winds and I had the canvas over the bed. >>

Your truck is like a brick moving on the road. I feel strong winds even in my 40 foot bus. A Deuce with a tarp is smaller and lighter, so the effect is probably about the same as in the bigger and heavier bus.

<< Second I noticed my oil PSI was just at 30PSI when driving and about 8-12 when idle. Is this normal. But then when I drove it yesterday it was back at 40PSI >>

I found the gauges are not all that precise.

<< I would fill the diesel tank up to the line and my gas gauge shows just above 1/2 a tank, but then it will show the correct amount at 1/4 tank >>

The only thing that lies more often than a career politician is the fuel gauge on a Deuce. (I read that somewhere.)
I have the same problem with my fuel gauge. I don't usually take long trips and that makes it easy for me to keep the tank filled up at least half way at all times.

<< I met a old vet who was a co-driver, he said one of my injector pump lines was leaking at the base where it connects, is this a easy fix? >>

Check if it is really the line, or if fuel is running down the line but the leak is somewhere else. Looking for the leak may take longer than putting a new line in.

<< The floor got really warm while driving it home, I couldn't put my hand on it for more than 5 sec, is this normal? >>

Yup.

<< Also dose anyone know where they sell the bracket to mount a rifle or gun to the dash, I guess the military doesn't sell the trucks with them on.

You can order them from a number of suppliers. I don't know anyone in Michigan though. Check the "Classified Ads" section on this site, too.

Have a great Memorial Day.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your oil pressure at idle cold and idle and driving warmed up. Use a mechanical gauge.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you smell diesel in the oil it proably came from the FDC,its on top of the injector pump.Do a search on here their are plenty of write ups on bypassing the FDC.

I found this if you need to bypass.
Billy Bodded and emmado22, Thanks for the info.
My FDC is already bypassed from th Army.
Thanks!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks