• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a free winch

1978davidw

Hey guys i just picked up a free winch off of a scrapped truck at a metal junkyard. Only problem is i need the drive shaft, pto, and the control handles to get this thing hooked up now. Does anyone have these parts that they would like to part with at a reasonable price? If so send me a pm.

1978davidw

Yeah im going to have to do some work on it to get it going. i was able to get 2 axles as well for free. I wasnt able to get the PTO off the truck as there were already 3 Kenworth style road tractors piled on top of the thing. I just used a torch and whacked off the frame back behind where the extensions start and cut the bumper off as it well as it was trashed.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah im going to have to do some work on it to get it going. i was able to get 2 axles as well for free. I wasnt able to get the PTO off the truck as there were already 3 Kenworth style road tractors piled on top of the thing. I just used a torch and whacked off the frame back behind where the extensions start and cut the bumper off as it well as it was trashed.

Good score. Was/is there any chance that you can hand a hundred bucks to one of the operators to remove the three road tractors and re-pile them after, if necessary? If you could get what you need off the wreck of the truck, it would be the easiest (and probably cheapest) route.

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what I would do! Get it off the donor truck. $100 goes a long way torwards lunch for the guys.... And will make your life easier, as it's one stop shopping.

1978davidw

Well i finally got everything disasemmbled and cleaned up. Luckily all the internals are in great shape. I am going to have to make the braces that run across the top and back of the winch new as the ones that were on it were bent beyond recognition. Does anyone have the center to center distance between the bolt holes on the brace on top of the winch. Im talking side to side. Also the bracket thats on the back of the winch.

I will not be envious, I will not be envious, I will not be envious, I will not be envious.

Oh I will admit it, I'm envious!

Psa 73:3 For I was envious of the boastful, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

Only evil or very lucky people get free winches. Which are you?

I'm so envious

Please excuse me I'm going to repent now.