• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got an easy Q for once!

TroyHog

One a MEP701 - the cover on the outside of the unit where the battery goes has a diagram that says its 24v, but there is only room for a small battery inside. I have never seen a single 24v battery - is that right?

Isaac-1

Close it is a 4HN, here is one of several message threads talking about them, this one has pictures

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxiliary-equipment/38654-mep-701a-batteries-2.html

I just had to replace mine a couple of months ago because the battery voltage regulator went out and cooked the old one. Cost at the local battery place was right at $100. (previous one cost $75 dry on ebay, plus $10 to have it filled locally)

Ike

p.s. be aware that at least one company sells a "4NH" size 12 V battery, so you want to make sure what your getting is 24V

Last edited:

ETN550

I think it is 4HN.

Check my threads I have converted many to use (2) 12 volt lawn and garden batteries. Requires fabricating a new tray and top hold down device.