• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got any spare parts...?

SierraHotel

Beyond the millions of parts I typically need, I am going to probably be putting out more than I should for a clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and a spare tire plate (to hold/lift the spare tire. Since I will be putting out this moola, If anyone has these items for cheap, I’d be more than happy to give it to a SS member. I’d love to pick the clutch up at Aberdeen, but I would also like to have it now so that I might be able to take the Deuce there….the spare tire plate can wait.

FreightTrain

Banned
I got a brand new clutch disk off Ebay not too long ago for around $50.Keep an eye out.I also got a Clutch,Pressure plate,and throwout bearing in like new condition from Shorties Truck parts(Contact info is posted in Salvage yard board about 2 or 3 pages back) for $75.

SierraHotel

Well, dropped the tranny today…had to pull the seats and the entire tunnel and used the 4X4 through the windows method with a chain fall. Dropped down to a transmission jack (wouldn’t you know the Deuce is too high for the jack to get it the first time, has to lower it to it).
First thing is, the pressure plate is broken, one of the arms broke. The one on it had 4 arms, are they interchangeable with the three armed pressure plates?
Second thing is, the clutch is past toast. There was still lining, but the studs were getting worn as well. Scored the pressure plate, no biggie, it’s toast. However, it scored the flywheel as well. Damn, Damn, Damn! If that wasn’t bad enough, the flywheel fell over and took a chunk out of my shin. Guess I’ll be getting the flywheel turned this week.
Third thing is, the bearing is loose, so I get to do the whole nine yards. Luckily there was a tad bit of grease in the transmission bell housing because I’ve no doubt that the clutch was asbestos. The grease did marvelous binding everything together and keeping it from getting friable.
Unfortunately, the Deuce is becoming a money pit and my drill Sergeant is starting to become less and less enamored with it. I figure I need to repack the bearings for the right front and both rear axles ad well as change the transmission fluid in the rear axles and differential. I does not look like anyone has done it since the overhaul 15 years ago, of possibly 1970.
Well, At least the front brakes look to be in good shape…

acetomatoco

Remember that those who start in first gear and don't ride the clutch pedal have twice the clutch life of those who don't. ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks