• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Cancelled

Hawkshaw

We got a call from the Government Liquidation today and they had cancelled my auction. It had been 200+ days on the auction without a EUC approval and they just cancelled it. I had won a pair of trailers, a M105a1 and a M101a2 for a good price. Around $300 for the pair. They said there was not a problem with my paperwork just the government had not approved the removal of the property. To me it is just stinks a little because all the auctions now for trailers at the same place are running about $500 to $400 for trailer pairs. I will have to bid again and now pay more for probably the same two trailers. Not happy....

Last edited:

Hawkshaw

Yes it was my first bid and I did contact the DLA today about. They are going to check into the situation and let me know something about it in a few days. I hope it can get rectified and I don't have to bid on some more items to get what we want.

O.D. Fever

Sorry, I know the feeling. I lost 2 of them when I switched to my business name. I gave the DLA all the info, bills,bank statements, license,ect. No good. They finally told me a lease aggrement from me to my business would prove that we where located at the address that was on the bills and bank statements and license. How stupid is that? At least now I can get EUC's to clear.

KsM715

Yes it was my first bid and I did contact the DLA today about. They are going to check into the situation and let me know something about it in a few days. I hope it can get rectified and I don't have to bid on some more items to get what we want.

Even if DLA gets back to you and says your good to go GL wont let you keep the lot. They WILL re-list it.

I waited the full sixty days before calling the DLA on my fifth EUC. As it turns out some GL lame was sitting on the paperwork and needed a push. I had my paid invoice in a week. the DLA deals with so many things they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it is not 60 business day just 60 days.

Hawkshaw

Well the DLA has finally sent me the letter saying I am approved but now I will have to try and win the auction on my trailers again. The way they are selling now it will cost me twice as much or more to win the things this time. I will find out in a few days if we have any success this time.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't fear about never getting one.

First does anyone know the scrap value of a 105 and the 101 trailers? That would be the only concern I would have to the whole situation. If it is over $200 per trailer, I wouldn't sweat it.

The government is dumping the 101 and 105 trailers. Unlike the deuce where they initially removed the trucks at the rate of gaining new FMTV trucks, the trailers are being pulled from units even without replacements. So where the govt worked at the deuce for around 10 years to pull them all, the trailers will for the most part be gone within another 2 years. That means large quantities over a shorter period compared to the deuce which will keep prices low.

I posted a thread about this awhile back. I wouldn't pay much over min bid on these trailers.

Not sure if the NG has their consolidation point for trailers in AL or not but it sure seems they've auctioned off a lot out there. You're only other concern would be getting it local. Not sure how many are remaining in the southeast. I know Meade got a huge boatload of 101A3s last week (some fresh out of rebuild straight to DRMO).

As far as losing the won auction, let's all face it, the GL process sucks.

Jimma

I called DLA finally after a delay on mine. They said my paperwork was just sitting there and no one had even reviewed it. I had an apporoval within 24 hours of my phone call. Did they refund your money yet? My credit card was charged almost immediatly at the end of the auction and they had it for a total of 4 months before my euc finally cleared.

Hawkshaw

Yes they have refunded the money. Maybe I did wait too long to deal with the DLA but also they(GL) stated they were not going to revoke the bids after 60 days too. So what do you believe??? Well I found out the hard way. We may have to pay more but we may not even bid that high either. Since there seems to be a tons of these trailers going up for bid now. May just wait until the time is right. Still very disappointed in the GL's system. Seems somewhat of a racket to me with the way they cancel bids/ auctions after people win them. Especially when they know there is not a problem with the people's paperwork. Just my two cents. We will just see how the chips fall.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hawkshaw and others enduring the EUC wait,

I'm seconding Paul on this: Be interested, call the DLA every week after the 4th week and ask questions about the delay. Find out about the different agencies they need reports from, who has your case and so on.

I think that in a case like this you could contact GL periodically and give them updates to put into your sale/lot notes, hopefully thwarting their system that kicks sales out due to inactivity.

Long waits are probably avoidable by being interested in the process, asking polite questions and communicating.

My .02c

Rick

Last edited:

Hawkshaw

According to DLA I should be good to go this time. It is just my fault for not getting in touch with proper people before they cancelled. I was in contact with GL on several occasions and they gave no indication of cancellation until one of their supervisors called me and cancelled the auction. That is when I called DLA. It just hurts that I will probably have to pay more for the same items the second time around that is all.

Hawkshaw

Well it went down to the wire but the winner sure did pay for it. My max bid was $571.xx something and the winner had to go all the way to $611.xx to get if. Sure is a lot higher than a year ago. We tried and come up short. That will probably do it for me on these trailers unless the auctions get a little cheaper. They must have turned to gold. Is scrap that high now??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks