• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her home today!!

docthrush

First thanks everyone for all the help and info!
Got it home last night needed new batteries and seems the alt may need replaced (its been in the upper yellow since ive had it).
Took it out today and had some fun drove my nephew around (son was sick).

Tomarows goal is to get some more pics and continue to go over it.

Capt.Marion

Nice deuce! Are those 9.00s or 11.00s tires? Any ways you will still be able to control your truck when the roads are wet, as opposed to NDTs.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is one nice looking truck must have been on the road frequently with the DOT reflector tape clearly displayed as required on commercial trucks. What are the truck specifics like milage, hours date of make and manufacturer? I am glad to see them coming back to good hands after a second retirement.

docthrush

Thanks everyone. Not sure about the history I know it sat in a barn on a farm for a few years, and prior to that a township near lancaster had it. Before that not a clue, kinda hoping that ill find bumper numpers or somthing to give me a clue.
It was a m50 it has the exaust redirect and the pto but those seem to be the only remnants (and the dash plate).
I think the tires are 11.00 but to be honest im not 100% sure at this point.
I know it has a little over 7000 miles on it, still not sure where to look to see how many hours though. Its a 1977 Kaiser (LOVE JEEPS).
Glad to hear that most think it looks in good shape, I thought it did but im sure you can tell by now Im about lost with all this. The tape and all that fun stuff is going to go and itll be getting a nice flat paint job cargo top and all that fun stuff as funds are avail for it, but it will return to its original roots lol

bottleworks

docthrush said:
I know it has a little over 7000 miles on it, still not sure where to look to see how many hours though. Its a 1977 Kaiser (LOVE JEEPS).
Congrats on the truck. The tach displays the engine hours. If it is indeed a 1977 truck, I don't believe it would be a Kaiser-Jeep. It should be an AM General.

joec

RE: Re: RE: Got her home today!!

Od is a evil Addiction...if you send a check or money order to Od is running my life. We have people on the phone now that can help with your ADDICTION. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO.. :lost:

docthrush

RE: Re: RE: Got her home today!!

Edit, figured it out Im a lil slow, seems the body is kaiser jeep and the frame is newer must have been when they did the swap from tanker to troop/cargo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks