• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her home =)

Not my fist MV but my first deuce-got really lucky:

They lost the truck for 2 hours....we looked at EVERY VIN and sticker and then started looking in the lower lot where it should not have been....and she was there. Pulled and load tested the 6TL's and they were both at 8 volts-did not bother to put a load on them. Swapped in my two optima's I brought, checked fuel (fresh full tank), all fluids good, newer belts all tight-looks like a newer compressor and IP. Flipped the switch after a small prayer and fired right up. EVERY light, swicth, blinker, guage, wiper were peferct running order. Compressor came up to 120 psi in 1 minute and buzzer shut off. Went through all gears and let come up to 195 degrees.....drove it off the lot and did another sanity check with my infra heat probe on hubs, trans, engine, tcase and such. Absolutley no problems. Drove home 55-58 MPH on RT 64 70 miles home. Lots of thumbs up and honks....returned the favor with my air horns.

I am hooked-love the truck...where else can $1500 buy so much fun (outside vegas).

Richmond/Chesterfield new boss is TONY-was a great help but I think he got left holding the bag on a poorly magaged site two weeks ago.

and of course-a few pics:

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Infra red probe - now that is a darn good diagnostic idea! Next you'll be telling us you had vibration probes on the gearcases. Then I would be even more amazed. Congrats on the sweet truck!

Infra red probe - now that is a darn good diagnostic idea! Next you'll be telling us you had vibration probes on the gearcases. Then I would be even more amazed. Congrats on the sweet truck!
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Its just a cheapie in the toolbox but does its job...gives a quick sanity check on temperatures without the hassle of getting your hands and back dirty

he he....both 6TL batteries came back last night with a 10 minute 40 amp charge followed by 2 hour 10 amp charge each....now finishing with a one day trickle...but they load tested at 300 CCA each (actual@15 seconds)-so they should be good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks