• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her painted! And I have a question.....

KamikazeKunze

Hey all,
Finally got her painted. Now for touch up and such. The old man that had this had a 110v a/c unit on the passenger side of the overhead a/c. It didn’t work so I pulled it out and installed a 8x16 inch basement window vertically.....side benefit????? When it’s open it forces the air from the box to the cab!!! May get a/c in the cab after all.

and that brings me to my question.....anyone know what type of refrigerant is used in the CUCV’s? R12?

I guess it used to work but the compressor doesn’t kick on so I think I need a recharge.

thanks all
1C5271BD-F308-418A-88D6-C25662335A2B.jpg

KamikazeKunze

Thanks. No. My uncle is a painter by trade and he sprayed a construction trailer he has 10 years ago in Liquid Vinyl exterior paint and it’s held up really good. Heard of others using Baer paint as well. So I grabbed a color deck and settled on Sherwin Williams 6181 Secret Garden.... it’s about a half shade darker than the original OD Green.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks