• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got it HOME!!!....Pictures

rpollitt01

As promised, here are some pics of my 67 Kaiser...I have been out in it all weekend, and cant get over how much fun they are to drive!!!!

I have a frozen E brake cable. Any suggestions on loosening it up?...Also need to work on the wiper switch... it is stuck on.

Need to fix exhaust leake

Small air leake to repair

Thanks to all who have helped me get it going this week!!!:beer:

Attachments

phil2968

Congrats on the new ride! I am just about to order a e-brake cable for mine. Check Saturn Surplus for a replacement. Best price I found. Go to Jatonka.com and download the TMs for your truck!
Thanks for the pics!

Welcome to the site! Drive it to the Ga Rally!

Last edited:

91W350

Just keep soaking it from the top with your favorite rust buster, I like PB Blaster. When you finally get a little movement, you can slide under the truck with a bar and pry the shoes apart. Been lucky so far, five for five on PB Blaster working on frozen E brake cables. If t has the twist style handle instead of the old S handle, back off the adjustment so the handle can stand up. Spray in the end of the cable. I usually hit them three or four times a day over a couple of days. You will have an added bonus of a fresh smelling cab. 8) Glen

91W350

I see you have the old S handle, just spray at the base where the cable enters the housing. Funny, I wore brown shoes, tan Khaki cargo shorts and an orange single pocket T shirt today when I was working on the deuces. Glen

91W350

It will free up quickly when you get that first little movement. Like I say, you may have to pry on the heavy park brake lever below to get it to release a couple of times. A tip I learned from Maccus. Glen

ratat98

Just keep soaking it from the top with your favorite rust buster, I like PB Blaster. When you finally get a little movement, you can slide under the truck with a bar and pry the shoes apart. Been lucky so far, five for five on PB Blaster working on frozen E brake cables. If t has the twist style handle instead of the old S handle, back off the adjustment so the handle can stand up. Spray in the end of the cable. I usually hit them three or four times a day over a couple of days. You will have an added bonus of a fresh smelling cab. 8) Glen
Funny you should mention PB blaster.... I had an inner dual go flat on me today on your old deuce and spent all evening soaking the lugs with PB blaster. Finally after a few hours of soaking, and jumping on the lug wrench, they came right off! Now I'm soaking the studs overnight because it got too dark to see anything. I need to invest in a wrench like you showed me!

91W350

Funny you should mention PB blaster.... I had an inner dual go flat on me today on your old deuce and spent all evening soaking the lugs with PB blaster. Finally after a few hours of soaking, and jumping on the lug wrench, they came right off! Now I'm soaking the studs overnight because it got too dark to see anything. I need to invest in a wrench like you showed me!
Front or rear tandem? We had the rears off for axle seals. They should not be too bad....

ratat98

Its the rear pass side inner dual...you got them tight when you put them back on! I had to jump so hard on the wrench that I had to turn it over and bend it back into place! aua I got the lugs off though. Just not the studs....yet...

waayfast

My E-brake was stuck also--seemed to be mostly gummed up with old hard grease. I put Lacquer Thinner in the hose of my grease gun and injected it into the cable that way so as to "thin" the old hard grease. Once things got moving I got fresh grease into it.Seemed to work okay.

Nice truck BTW,
Jim

91W350

rpollitt01 are you following this part? When those little skinny armed guys attack your deuce with a truck stop quality impact wrench, the lugs are about impossible to get off. I use a 42" long 1" drive breaker bar to get them loose, then a half inch drive impact wrench. I swapped a couple of 105 tires and wheels for that corner. Those tires should have been pretty good tread wise. I have destroyed the pioneer bars that I had with the original socket. Losing battle...

Dakotah

After you have tried brute force, twisted fasteners off, used cuss words, a blow torch, WD40, PB Blaster, ATF etc. or a combination of, use what all good gunsmiths know about- "Kroil" -available from kanolabs.com. I have several WWII Dodges, Power Wagons, M37s, and have had my share of rusted parts.

Kroil !

Capt.Marion

You would be doing yourself and your truck a favor by adjusting your parking brake once you get it unstuck. It may not need it, but it's a pretty simple service procedure. My parking brake stopped holding my truck even on barely sloped ground, so I went ahead and adjusted it. 20 minute procedure, and the p-brake feels 110% better.

TM9-2320-209-3-2, Paragraph 13-7.

You can download the TM's for the deuce (TM9-2320-209 series) from JATonka's website here: JATONKA's M35 TM download page

wsucougarx

Congratulations on your truck!! Might I make a suggestion. Read up on the proper maintenance and what not to do with the SPRAG transfer case (NEVER EVER coast backwards while the truck is in REVERSE).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After you have tried brute force, twisted fasteners off, used cuss words, a blow torch, WD40, PB Blaster, ATF etc. or a combination of, use what all good gunsmiths know about- "Kroil" -available from kanolabs.com. I have several WWII Dodges, Power Wagons, M37s, and have had my share of rusted parts.

Kroil !
If you can't find Kroil, go to your local Generous Motors Stealership and get some GM Penetrant/ Heatvalve Lubricant. Old PN 1052627 New is 88862627.

I used to swear by PB Blaster until I got hooked up with Kroil. Kroil was amazing and I swore by Kroil until I was introduced to GM Heat Valve Lubricant. Now I swear by this stuff. It's called "The Spray from God" by those who use it.

phil2968

I am just about to order a e-brake cable for mine.
And this is why......, I bet Kenny spray won't help this one. A frozen brake cable sometimes needs to be inspected. You never know what you'll find. This problem could not be seen until removed. I hope yours is just gummy or a little rusted.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks