• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got it home !!

KsM715

First off I must say thanks to Corey (StreetBikeDepot) for all the work he put into this. He picked up my towbars from GL in OKC and strored them, He mad it possible to attatch the bars to my Jeep and inspected the truck before I came down and was there to help me get it started and roadworthy. I need to thank Joe (warthog) and Jeff (hoopsoft) for showing up also to see if we needed any extra help. Thanks guys.

The truck ran great the whole way home. The only problems I had were the temp guage wasnt working, the tires never did run smooth, (bad shake at 50mph) and the fuel gauge would from where the fuel level was to pegged out when the truck would shake (bad connection or intermitant short?) but still allowed me to track how much fuel was in the tank. It was leaking fuel when MSgt Lee (GL Rep) tried to prime it when we started it, but never leaked any after we got it started. One battery cable was loose, and two of the batteries had March 07 written on them in paint marker. The volt gauge would not move into the green, always stayed right between yellow and green on the way home so I never shut the truck off. I had 2 new group 31's with me but I didnt want to mess with trying to jump it by myself on the road. Ill check them out today in my driveway.

Now I have to start saving for the big 16.00x20 tires to go on the new HEMTT wheels I picked up with the truck.

Again thanks to everyone that got involved in this little adventure

Jeff.

Attachments

StreetbikeDepot

Glad the trip was uneventfull for ya!

You need to get some thinner and wipe that paint off that Sgt Lee sprayed over the unit markings with. It was kinda funny......we was outside the gate getting the truck ready to leave when Sgt Lee pulls up in the Gater with a can of red shaky can, he says in a few more explicit terms " someone ran one of our trucks in a parade with our unit numbers supporting Obama :evil: , this aint happening again.....!!" Thought that was amuzing since Obama is his Cammander in Chief now...LMAO I don't blame him.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gonna need new springs on of the Jeep after supporting the weight of the towbar from heck.

JDToumanian

the tires never did run smooth, (bad shake at 50mph)
Try lowering the pressure. "TP70" for the rear duals, when running light, is ridiculous and can cause vibration. I'd try 40 psi in the rear... leave the front at 70.

Jon

KsM715

Try lowering the pressure. "TP70" for the rear duals, when running light, is ridiculous and can cause vibration. I'd try 40 psi in the rear... leave the front at 70.

Jon
Honestly, I dont know what pressure was in the tires. StreetbikeDepot aired them up for me while I was at tractor supply getting some pins. I think he said he had 50 or better in most of them but I think I was so excited to get going I dont remember what he said.

Gonna need new springs on of the Jeep after supporting the weight of the towbar from heck.
Not to mention the 450lbs of HEMTT rims riding in the back of the Jeep and one riding in the pass. seat.

I got home from family stuff this morning and just got back inside. The truck started right up. Guess the batt.s were good after all. The trans looks like it was leaking from the pto cover a little but nothing major. Now onto my new project of finding all the little replacement things I find when really checking the thing out.

PS for those that dont know. It was a 300 mile drive. took me about 8 hours. No interstates, quite a few small towns to pass thru and probably more than a few unhappy travelers that got stuck behind me on some of those narrow 2 lane roads.

Last edited:

KsM715

The truck was one that was on GL in Norman OK back in Jan. The wheels are the same as the wheels that were up for auction last week, not the 22.5 budd wheels

KsM715

There were 14 trucks on that sale and I havent seen anyone else post up about getting one. did anyone here get 1 or 2 from that sale? When the bids were closing I was watching 6 trucks and 1 bidder had 3, another guy had 2 and I had the last one. I wonder if they planned it that way or were just bidding on more than one and just got stuck with them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks