• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got me a A3

pooka

Hey guys, just got a new (to me) M35A3! :-DDrives nice, put 6 hours in saddle driving it home Sat. Little bounce at about 50mph, when I got home, I noticed it was missing a CTIS counter weight on one front wheel, prob a little out of bal.Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable amount? The CTIS doesn't work, so I will prob end up ditching whole systen rather then fixing a sketchy system. More importanltly I developed a pinhole leak in the heater core, I removed it today and looped the hoses to bypass it.Anyone know a source for a new core? or if there is a cross ref to one in civy world? I know I have and will have a bunch of ???'s as this is my first big MV, I also have a Harley MT 500 that I drive daily around Albany, NY. Thanks in advance! Mark

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the truck...sounds like a nice one

About the heater core...why not take it to a radiator shop and have it re-cored???

oh, I almost forgot...nopics

rwoods

Wish mine came with a Harley:wink:. Congratulations on your purchase. If you ditch the ctis, send me a pm, I might be interested in some wheel valves.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great truck! Back flush the heater core with a garden hose and get an idea of the flow. You should be able to solder the pin hole. Thats what a Radiator shop will do. Or just take it to one. Its not an uncommon problem. Getting it out, is the big job.

Lee in Alaska

chaplain

An argument could be made that he who has the most toys wins. I think that here on steelsoldiers, he who has the largest toys wins, So what do you think. Oh, by the way nice big toy.

BugEyeBear

Nice Lookin' A3!

I'm trying to figure out a way to tell you that your heater core will be impossible to fix and/or replace. Then I'll somehow follow this piece of bogus advise with a statement like, "having no heat in NY will be simply unbearable!". Then after a few more clever lies, I'll offer to relieve you of this new burden by "generously" offering you approx half of what you paid for it!!!

Interested???

I'm SO jealous!
Looks like a VERY NICE Rig!! [thumbzup]

:?: Is that hood fiberglass?

-Bear-

pooka

toys

Thanks for the replies:-D The heater core is out, I really don't want to repair it, I figure if it's got one pinhole now, the next couple are just around the corner! The hood is fiberglass, easy to lift, and I do love the Allison.....Shifting wasn't bad 30 yrs ago, but these 50 yr old bones don't move like they used to,,,the air assist steering 'aint bad either. I hope to get a new core soon or have mine re'cored,.. any one know of a source for replacement??? later, Mark

BugEyeBear

Thanks for the replies:-D The heater core is out, I really don't want to repair it, I figure if it's got one pinhole now, the next couple are just around the corner! The hood is fiberglass, easy to lift, and I do love the Allison.....Shifting wasn't bad 30 yrs ago, but these 50 yr old bones don't move like they used to,,,the air assist steering 'aint bad either. I hope to get a new core soon or have mine re'cored,.. any one know of a source for replacement??? later, Mark
Depending on what the heater core looks like, & size, your local radiator shop might be able to simply order a generic heater core, then transfer the in & out tubes and tanks to the new core. OR find a similarly sized complete heater core & simply mod the in/out tubes.

Look at these:
SCHERBRA AUTOMOTIVE GROUP : Your Antidote For Climate Control
http://www.scherbragroup.com.au/files/MASTER%20HEATER%20CAT.pdf

(these guys might serve just Austrailia, but it shows what sort of resources are available...)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks